Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Last week I tried something new that was a big hit.  These chicken taquitos were easy to make and they make a bunch (20 to be precise!)  Once they are assembled, you can bake them all, or freeze some to make later.  They were really tasty, with creamy, cheesy filling and a crispy shell. 


Baked Chicken Taquitos

3 cups cooked, shredded, chicken
8 ounces softened cream cheese
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
½ cup salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons lime juice
20 flour tortillas (6 inch)
Olive oil or melted butter

Mix all but tortillas together. Place 2 tablespoons mix on each tortilla and roll.
To use right away, brush with olive oil or melted butter and roll bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with sour cream or salsa for dipping.
Or you may freeze them, then place frozen in 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

13 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the freezing them to use later. I hit Aldi tonight and just got done with a bit of food prep and clean up. I love the idea of all of this.

Back to your food ... excellent! I've only made bean ones before using eggroll wrappers in the air fryer. I never thought to freeze them. I'm gonna try that.

Thanks!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! And so easy!!

Catherine said...

Must be good and easy to get from the freezer to save time

Donna said...

This looks good!! Just printed it!
hugs
Donna

happyone said...

Yummy. I love most things in a burrito shell.

Debby said...

yum, they look good - I'd be tempted to deep fry them.

Billie Jo said...

Ohhhhh! Thank you!!!!!!

Terri D said...

These look and sound really good! Are they 5-inch or 10-inch tortillas?

Debi said...

We love Mexcian food and these sound very good. I like that it makes a lot for freezing and late use.

Sally said...

You have the best recipes! These look amazing. :)

xoxo

Kim said...

Oh my family would love these.

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, This is another recipe I need to try:)

Jenny the Pirate said...

I've copied this one because I love the make-ahead capabilities of this recipe. Great to have in the freezer for when unexpected kids and grandkids show up hungry! Haahaha thanks Mari xoxo