Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2023

A visit with Cassie

 Last week, Bob and I both had the same day off.  I had an appointment with my rheumatologist which is quite a drive from our house, but thankfully I only have to go there every 6 months.  Bob said he would come along, for company on the drive.
In the meantime, we both got a text from Heather saying Cassie got an "owie" on a finger and told her Grandpa and Grandma had to come fix it.

Of course we decided that we would leave early for the appointment and make a stop to see her!


She loves books!  Shortly after we arrived, she brought Bob this book to read.




Then she decided she should try on his cap.




I think she looks pretty cute in that cap!


Soon, we had to leave for my appointment.  She cried when we left.  "Cassie go too?"   It tore at our heartstrings!

The appointment went well, but visiting Cassie was the best part of the day.



17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Cassie is so darling! So glad you we able to stop and see her on the way to your appointment! Have a good week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

She loves you both so much!! So how was her finger? And she does look absolutely adorable in the cap, that photo is a keeper!

Mandy said...

Aww, I know it did y’all’s heart good to see that sweet baby girl! She is precious! Glad your appointment went well!

Jan said...

Awww-she is such a cutie!

Susan said...

Cassie is getting so big and so cute! I am glad you got to spend time with her. They grow so quickly! Enjoy your week!

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, I love Cassie's sweater. Wish I could find one like it that I could wear:) Cassie is indeed a sweetheart and much loved.

Donna said...

Awww! All those tears just breaks your heart!
Adorable!
hugs
Donna

Changes in the wind said...

What a special time with Cassie....

My Tata's Cottage said...

Aw... so sweet how we love those little ones. Beautiful photos and thank you for your comment at my blog. I am so happy to be back. It is hard getting things done indoors when the beautiful weather comes around. I hope your month of May is a blessed one.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

She is just precious. Her in that cap made me smile ear to ear. Soooo adorable! And I remember when she was afraid to ever leave mom and dad and now she wants her sweet grandparents. Don't blame her one bit...I want to be adopted by you guys. Lol
Hope the appt went well! 🙏 Blessings on your week ahead.

Billie Jo said...

She is absolutely adorable!!! How precious she wanted you to come!

Catherine said...

Cute photos of Cassie and grandpa! I hope to see Maxime in August and become a real grandma not only on Skype! 😆

Kim said...

What a darling smile she has...where does the time go? She's such a big girl now!!

Terri D said...

I am glad your appointment went well and even more glad that you had such a sweet visit with Cassie!! She is growing up so fast and is so precious. Thanks for sharing the love! xo

Jeanette said...

She's adorable! I remember when Maxwell and Levi used to cry when we left their house. It is heartbreaking!

Sally said...

Cassie is adorable! I would hate to leave her also when time was up. Isn't it wonderful, yet sad too, when they want us to be there. :)

xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Visiting Cassie would be the best part of anyone's day! What a darling little dolly she has always been. She's turning into a real beauty. xoxo