Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Cooking Thursday

I've got another new recipe to share today.  I've been trying to make some of these recipes I've saved and then forgotten to try.  I get into a cooking rut and find myself making the same things a lot.  :)
Anyway, this is a hot ham and cheese croisantwich, made with refrigerated crescent roll dough.  It makes a 9x13 pan, so you can feed a bunch and is something a little different. This is cheesy and good, with just a little bit of a kick from the pepperjack cheese.  If you don't like that, you can change it for another type of cheese.




Hot Ham and Cheese Croissantwich
2 tubes Pillsbury crescent rolls (I buy the crescent sheets so I don't have to deal with the perforations.
1/2 to 3/4 pound deli ham
6 slices pepperjack cheese
6 slices swiss cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons mustard
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
Grease a 9x13 pan and set oven to 350 degrees.
Spread 1 tube of crescent dough into pan and press to fit.
Bake for about 15 minutes, it won't be done because it will be baked again when assembled.
Mix mayonnaise and mustard together.  Spread over baked crescent rolls.
Lay the 6 slices of pepperjack cheese over top, then layer the ham and then the 6 slices of swiss cheese.  
Spread the remaining tube of crescent dough on top, stretching to fit.
Stir together the melted butter, garlic and parsley and brush over top.
Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.  

13 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Great way to use the dough for a bake!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks Mari. That looks really good. I always appreciate a good new recipe! I hope you enjoy the end of the week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! This looks so good, and very east as well. I didn't know you can buy the non-perforated sheets.

Donna said...

You're SO bad! Another 3 pounds I will have to endure! lolol
hugs
Donna

R's Rue said...

Yum

Terri D said...

This sounds very good!! Thanks, Mari. I might try this for my church community group!! Hugs!

happyone said...

Looks good.
We often have hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

Jeanette said...

That looks delicious! I'll have to see if I can find the crescent sheets as I don't think I have ever seen them!

Catherine said...

Must be very good!

Susan said...

Sounds like a good recipe for a potluck breakfast. Thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

Mmmmm... this sounds delicious. I love crescent rolls. thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

Now that's something I could sink my teeth into. :)

Yum!

xoxo

Suemn said...

This recipe looks so good. I've already printed this recipe out and plan to make it as soon as I get everything at the grocery store that is needed to make it. Thanks so much for another great recipe!