Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I recently saw a recipe for steak bites. The person who shared it said her family loved them because they were so tender and her kids usually wouldn't eat steak.  Usually when we have steak, Bob grills it, but this way I could get it made when he is working late.
So, we tried it and they are so good! They were easy and very quick to make, and as promised, very tender!


Buttered Steak Bites with Mushrooms

1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons butter, divided
6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced

Cut the steak into bite size pieced, 1/2" to 3/4 " in size. Sprinkle meat generously with salt and pepper.  Heat a heavy, flat bottomed skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. When the butter has melted, swirl to coat pan and add about half of the meat, spreading evenly across the pan.
Cook for 1 minute, then use large spatula to flip the pieces over. Cook for another minute, then remove to plate. Repeat with second half of meat with one more tablespoon of butter. Cover meat with foil to keep warm.
Add remaining butter to skillet and toss mushrooms in butter. Let mushrooms cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes until browned. Stir and let cook for a few more minutes, until soft. Add mushrooms and buttery pan drippings to the steak bites on the plate.
Serve hot. Enjoy!

12 comments:

roentare said...

Steak bites sounds like a luxurious snack! They look so juicy and flavoursome.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those do look good. I will keep this recipe in mind! Thanks for sharing it! :-)

Deb said...

I don't like mushrooms but I bet hubby would love this. And hey, I can just pick around the mushrooms. =)

Hootin Anni said...

Beef&mushrooms..
Always a great combo

Changes in the wind said...

Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Yum...steak!!

Terri D said...

This sounds (and looks) so good, Mari! I have been slicing meats (steak, chicken, pork...) thin and stir-frying them a lot because it is fast and easy. This sounds perfect! Thanks!

happyone said...

Yummy does that ever look good!!!

Mary M said...

Oh my goodness that looks delicious, like something served in a restaurant, I will have to make that this weekend.

Catherine said...

Looks very good I love mushrooms

Susan said...

My husband made something like that for dinner, but he cooked it in olive oil. I bet the butter makes it taste good. I made a zucchini dish to go with it. Now I want some mushrooms to go with the zucchini!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That looks so good, and not too hard to make.
I saved the recipe to give it a try.