Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 This is a recipe I got from my daughter Heather.  It's perfect for Fall when fresh apples are ready.  It's very easy to make and is so good!



Toffee Apple Dip

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 English toffee bits (10 ounces)

*I use Heath brand toffee bits, next to the chocolate chips in my store.  They have them in regular and chocolate covered.  This recipe uses the regular type.

 In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars and vanilla. Fold in toffee bits.
Serve with apples. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this is unique and wonderful sounding. It would be great to take to a harvest party or carry-in.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That looks delicious! I am going to be giving this a try. Thanks!

Mary M said...

This looks so good! I’ve never made a sweet dip for apples, usually just pair them with cheese, but I have to make this. Is there a brand that makes toffee bits to look for? I remember you telling readers about Kraft caramel bits called for in a recipe several years ago that were carried by Walmart, which was helpful.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmm. 'tis the season for tart, crisp, apples! This reminds me... I need to make some caramel apples. 😊🍎😊

Deb said...

This sounds yummy. I love Heath bars! I usually just dip apple slices in caramel sauce but maybe I'll try making some of this. =)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yes!!!

🍁🍎🍁 HAPPY SEPTEMBER 🍁🍎🍁

R's Rue said...

Yum

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness... you had me at toffee!! Definitely a keeper! Thanks, Mari!

Dianna said...

Sounds yummy! And our apples are ready!

Debby said...

Yes, it is Apple time! Best apples in September and this would be delicious.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have a recipe similar to this that I often make during the holidays and use red and green apples. SOOO yummy!! 🍏

Jean said...

This sounds so delicious! I laughed when I saw "refrigerate any leftovers." Leftovers??

Katelyn R. said...

Oh yummy! my mom makes something like this for new years, don't know why it became a new years thing ;) but its SOOOO good!