Pages

Monday, June 6, 2022

June Garden

 There are so many fun things blooming in our yard right now.  Most every evening, Bob and I take a short walk through the yard to see what's happening, and I thought I would share some with you.  Bob loves flower gardening, so he gets the credit for these plants.  I just make suggestions and enjoy the results!


We have a lot of shade in our yard, so Bob is always looking for perennials that like shade. Last year he planted several varieties of ferns and they are doing well!




This is called Brunea. The little blue flowers are pretty in the Spring, but the plant has nice texture and color all summer.




The azalea is blooming!




This is one of our favorite Spring trees.  It's a type of Vibernum and the flowers bloom all along the top of each branch making a beautiful presentation.




This is seeds on our Japanese Maple.  They are much tinier than regular Maple tree seeds and are so brilliantly colored.




This is another Vibernum, called snowball.  The flowers really do look like a snowball.




Bob picked up this rock on his brothers property.  He put it in our front flowerbed, and used a dremel tool to add these little footprints to it.  He thought our girlies would enjoy that!




Hosta's are another thing that love the shade.  Bob has several varieties along with ferns planted in what he calls the Woodland Garden in the wooded side of the yard.





This is the back yard.  The white in the middle back of this photo is the clematis plant I will show you next.





Here you can see it better.  This is one of our favorite spots in the yard with this pure white clematis and the purple siberian iris.



I think Siberian Iris are so pretty!







Here's the end of our walk, going around the other side of the house, back to the front.  There are several varieties of hosta next to the house, on the other side are several different plants that are not blooming yet.  The gate and trellis is something Bob built several years ago.  Right now there is a clematis growing on it, but it doesn't like all the shade so Bob has been looking for a climbing plant that can tolerate shade.
Thanks for walking the yard with me!

14 comments:

happyone said...

Thanks for the walk around your lovely yard. Everything looks so nice!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have a gorgeous back yard! I love the Brunea, have never even heard of it! But it also has gorgeous leaves. And the rock that Bob made, it looks like barefoot fairies have been cavorting in the garden.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty! Very pretty!! I too like the iris. And the trellis. At the gate, would a trumpet Vine work? Around here they grow fast and a beautiful, deep orange.

Sparky said...

Beautiful photos.
Blessings. xx

Suemn said...

Such a beautiful yard! I love the little footprints on the rock. I have made some fairy gardens in different pots and that rock would be perfect in my garden:)

Tracy dixon said...

I love flower beds. Unfortunately our deer around here love them too. They even eat our rose bushes to nubs. Yours is beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Love your property! So many beautiful flowers and so lush and green!

Debby said...

Oh, that garden gate and trellis are adorable. Looks like a cottage walkway.

That rock your husband did with the footprints is cool.

Your yard looks so green and lush and full of life, especially after a long winter. Some of those plants I have not heard of. I especially liked the ones with the tiny blue flowers.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Bob is a Green Thumbed Magician!!!!!!!!!!! Your yard/garden are so, so, so lovely and well kept.

It's not only the finding and planting, it's the constant care, which makes a lovely display. He does all of it, perfectly.

I was never a gardener here either, my husband was. But sadly, that is another thing, which has gone from his life, with age and lack of eyesight.

ENJOY everything now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentle hugs...
🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺 🌸

Kim said...

That rock is just darling...the footprints caught my eye right away. Your husband is so creative.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Our Bon is an absolute wonder in the yard, is he not? It's so touching the way he plants and arranges and tends to all of these beautiful things! The little three-toed footprints are so precious. that rock is what I like to call an instant heirloom! We have purple clematis and snowball viburnum in our yard! I need some hostas for the shady areas under the white oak! xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

You have a beautiful garden and I remember Bob making the beautiful gate, so I've obviously been coming to your blog for quite a while now!

Dianna said...

Such beauty your yard holds! I don't think I've ever seen a white Clematis before but that is beautiful! And I love the little footprints that Bob put on the rock from his brother's property! He's such a clever guy to have around...I think you should keep him. ;)

A Joyful Cottage said...

Holy cow, Mari! Bob has a super green thumb! I love this post so much. It's like looking through a gardening book or magazine. Bob made that garden gate??? Wow! It's so beautiful. I can see why he wants to find a shade-loving climbing plant. And then there's the other more rustic trellis that your white clematis obviously loves. The white with the purple is stunning. Your gardens are amazing. Kudos to Bob for creating such a gorgeous landscape. Enjoy every minute of this botanical wonderland. By the way, those little footprints are adorable. Like a fairy has been walking there. Hugs.