Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is for cupcakes.  This is a recipe that was popular when I was a kid - lots of years ago.  I haven't made them for some time, but they are just as good as they used to be.  (Chocolate and cream cheese is always a winner - and you don't have to frost them!)
This recipe makes 36 cupcakes, but they freeze really well.


Topsy Turvy Cupcakes
Mix together:
2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Beat, then stir in 12 ounces chocolate chips.  Set aside.

Stir together:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Add:
2 cups water
2/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Beat until well mixed.  Fill cupcakes 1/2 of chocolate mix.  Top with one tablespoon of cream cheese mix.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Makes 36 cupcakes

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look soooo good. I am saving this recipe! Thanks, Mari!

Debby said...

They do look good. Wish someone would bake me some. lol

Debi said...

Two of my favorite ingredients for dessert. Definitely going to give these a try... thanks for sharing!

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW Mari ... I have copied this and will be making it soon! Thank you! xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think I remember these from long ago. They look yummy!!

Dianna said...

Sounds yummy and looks delicious!

Jean said...

Wow, they ARE good! My sister Doris used to make them often. I think I did once.

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh, those cupcakes look so very good to me:)

R's Rue said...

Yummy.

Kerin said...

Those look yummy!
Thanks for the recipe.

~K.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

They are so cute!!!!!!

🌕👑🌕

Jeanette said...

They look and sound delicious!

Terri D said...

Delicious!! There is a volunteer at my work whose wife makes these and he brings us some now and then. They are SO good!! Now I have the recipe, so thanks for that!!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Sounds wonderful and with cream cheese yum

Joyful said...

Yummy looking.

A Joyful Cottage said...

I have made these in the past. Very yummy! xx

Doris said...

I love those cupcakes...and not having to frost is such a bonus. Right out of the freezer is really good too....so putting them in there is not necessarily a deterrent to eating, LOL!