Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

It's looking like Christmas!

 Welcome to our home!  I thought I would show you around so you could see what Christmas looks like in our house.



This is the back door, from the garage into the house.  The black milk can is from my Dad's farm, many years ago!  I put a different sign in it for every season.


On the front porch is this porch pot.  I also have 2 small trees by the front door that light up at night.




And this big snowflake near the roof.




In the living room is this mini nativity that I made when I was helping with our local MOPS group.




And this on another side table.




We don't have a fireplace so our stockings are hung on a shelf!




Our Christmas tree is a skinny one, since our living room is not real big.




One more table in the living room.





Here's the dining room.  We have a little tree in the corner with just lights on it.  It adds such a cheery note to the room.  The little Joy banner under the clock was a gift from Connie of Crafty Home Cottage.






And here is our card holder.  There are some there from some of you!




There are even some decorations in our bathroom.







And last, but not least is our downstairs family room.  This is Bob's family's nativity set which came to us when his Mom passed away.



One more tree - just a little one.

Tomorrow I'll show you some of the decorations that are special to me.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love everything, it is all so beautifully arranged! Your skinny tree is fabulous!!! Tt is every bit as gorgeous as a fat tree, because it has an elegance about it. Your shelf has turned into a mantel for the season! Love what you've done with the tiered tray!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari - everything looks just beautiful! I love your skinny trees and all the beautiful, Christ-centered Christmas decor. So glad my Christmas card made it to you. Hope you have a great week. You will have to let us know how the new job is going!

Susan said...

Hi Deb, I enjoyed all your pictures. That is so special how you inherited that Nativity. I have one my parents that they gave us that is special. We did not put it up this year but we did last year. I have many Nativity sets so I rotate them. Enjoy your week. Your card goes out tomorrow!

Susan said...

Sorry Mari, I said Deb because she was on my list. Your home is lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

The warmth of wood accenting your silver & gold (the stockings are 'gold') throughout creates an elegant atmosphere!!

Linda said...

Beautiful. Thank you.

happyone said...

All your decorations are lovely and look so pretty. You have a beautiful home.
Love the stockings - did you make them?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love your Tour!

Thank you...

"Miss B.B."
🎄⛄🌟🔥🎄🎅🔥🌟⛄🎄

Arlene G said...

I always love seeing everyone's Christmas decor. Your mom is so neat and cozy!!

Jeanette said...

It all looks beautiful! I love your card holder! I used to have one that hung from my fireplace but I don't have it anymore (or the fireplace!) I stopped sending cards a long time ago so I don't get but one or two each year.

Suemn said...

Your house is decorated so nicely for Christmas! I love the skinny Christmas trees and need to get one of those for my living room:)

Terri D said...

Beautiful decorations, Mari! I love your 'skinny' tree! Perfect for the space and the tree skirt is so pretty! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well all of your little trees are precious and your big one is crazy gorgeous! I love your stocking shelf too, with the little wood buttons on the stockings. I am sad to see that my card did mot arrive yet! Aaarrrrgghhh! xoxo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Everything looks beautiful. Skinny tree looks perfect in it spot, and I really like the mini Nativity you made, as well as the big one your hubby inherited from his mom. Great decorating job.

Doris said...

A skinny tree just works so good in small areas. I love mine too. Your decorations are all so lovely!

Debi said...

Your decorations are lovely and have such special meaning. I love the "tags" on your stockings. I bought some of those last year but didn't use them. Guess what I'm going to do with them now? Bob's Santa carvings are beautiful and so unique... such a talent!

Jean said...

Your house is so beautiful, Mari! And I love your style. I would love to redecorate again sometime, but somehow I always seem to do things on the tail end of what's "in." If I switch to the light grays and whites now, they'll probably go out of style next year, hahaha!

Kim said...

I love all your decor. It's perfect and the lights just make everything sparkle. My mom gave me a similar nativity set as the one passed down to you. I think that makes it even more special.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love the charm of your home and your beautiful decorations! It is definitely looking a lot like Christmas! 🎶