Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Our vacation cottage had a nice kitchen, so we took advantage of it and made some fun meals.  One of them was monkey bread that I made for breakfast.  It makes quite a bit, so we had leftovers and heated it up, but it heated well in the microwave.  It was very good. It isn't very healthy, but fun for vacation!


Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
2 large cans Grands Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
Open the cans of cinnamon rolls, set frosting aside and cut each roll into quarters.
Mix white sugar and cinnamon together.  Roll each quarter of the cinnamon rolls into the cinnamon/sugar mix and place half of them in bundt pan.
Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour half over the rolls in the bundt pan, then repeat with remaining cinnamon rolls and the butter/brown sugar mix.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until center of rolls are cooked through.  Let set for 10 minutes, then invert onto plate.
Heat icing for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over rolls.  Enjoy warm.

14 comments:

Arlene G said...

Mouth Watering!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous and yummy looking.

Hootin Anni said...

I'll take the monkey fist please!!!

Sparky said...

Never tried Monkey Bread. It does look scrumptious.
Blessings. xx

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Have see pics of this, but never had it.

And now, I can't, because of having to eat G/F. -smile-

🍁🍂🌻🍇🌻🍂🍁

Suemn said...

That looks so good! I think I'll try making it. Thanks for sharing.

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Perfect for this time of year!

Kim said...

Oh monkey bread...off to pin. Haven't made this since I taught kindergarten!! So good.

Laurel Wood said...

These would be so good with coffee.

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!!! Yum! Thanks, Mari!

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! I wish I had a big hunk of this right now with my coffee!

Joyful said...

Yummy.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You do my kinda vacationing Lady. 😉 😋

Jenny the Pirate said...

See, I would not be able to stop eating that until it was G-O-N-E gone. Lord have mercy. xoxo