Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Cooking Thursday

You guys - I shared this recipe last year, but last week I made it again and was reminded how good it was.  This chicken recipe is so full of flavor, presents beautifully - and it's easy!
You have to try it!


Creamy Baked Pesto Chicken

2 tbsp Olive Oil
4 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Flour
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Basil Pesto
1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into half)
1/4 cup Yellow Bell Pepper (Cut into stripes)
1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper (Cut into Strips)
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (Grated)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Heat oil in an oven safe pan. 
Once the oil is hot, add chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until chicken is nicely browned.
Remove the chicken from the pan on a plate.
Add butter in the same pan.
Add flour and cook until flour is slightly browned.
Now add milk and mix well to make a lump free sauce.
Cook until sauce thickens.
Add pesto in the sauce and mix well.
Place the chicken back into the pan.
Add cherry tomatoes and bell pepper in the pan. 
Bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
Take out the pan from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top.
Turn the oven temperature up to 450 degrees.
Bake chicken another 5-6 minutes until the cheese starts to brown.

Serve with pasta or veggies.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! And really healthy as well!

Catherine said...

Looks very, very good!

Hootin Anni said...

Rubbing my tummy....MMMM, mmmm!!

Arlene G said...

I love pesto.

Henny Penny said...

Looks delicious, and like something my daughter Andee would like to make. I'll tell her to check it out.

Laurel Wood said...

This looks and sounds so good. My neighbor was telling me how much she loves 🫑

Terri D said...

Another yummy-sounding recipe! Thanks, Mari!! xo

Debby said...

Oh yum

Kim said...

Oh boy that looks good. I pinned it just in case I didn't the first time. Thanks for sharing!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This just speaks my love language on every level! 😋