Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Cooking Thursday

Here's a little treat Bob and I had that's nice for a cool night.  It's something he saw on Pinterest and thought it would be good - it was!


White Chocolate Latte

2 c. low fat milk
1 c. half and half
2/3 c. white chocolate chips
2 Tbsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
Reddi-Wip 

In a medium size saucepan heat milk, half and half, white chocolate chips and instant coffee until chips are melted, stirring occasionally.
Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
Pour into coffee mugs and top with Reddi-Wip and a dusting of cocoa if desired.

*We skipped the Reddi-whip and cocoa and it was very good without it.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh that sounds lovely, I’ve been longing for something like that these past few days as we’ve been getting colder temps but I have a bad head cold so dairy is out until it goes away.

Terri D said...

Nice. Better than hot chocolate to my thinking!!

Laurel Wood said...

Sounds delicious and a good treat for these fall days!

Hootin Anni said...

White chocolate has little to no caffeine, so I could go without the coffee and be 'safe' from caffeine! Yay. (And I loved your beautiful wordless wednesday)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That is right down my way and cant wait to try it.

Arlene G said...

Now this one I am going to have to try!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Mmmmmm I would like to share this with my girls over the holidays! I will copy and paste it into my recipe file. Sounds as though you and Bob are making the most of the changing seasons. I love how the two of you are happiest and most content when you're together at the end of the day, enjoying the simple pleasures of home. It inspires me. xoxo

Doris said...

Ohhh, that sounds so good!

Debi said...

That sounds delicious... perfect for a cool, fall evening treat!

Dianna said...

I'm more of a tea kind of girl but with all of the extras in with the coffee, I just might be tempted to give this a try. I'm sure Carroll would love this.

Henny Penny said...

This sounds sooo delicious. Wish I had all the ingredients, I would make myself a cup now. :)

Rebecca said...

That DOES sound (and look) delicious!
We purchased a gallon of apple cider from friends. I plan to heat a mug up later today. I can't decide if I ike it better cold or hot! :)