Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

Giving in to Fall

Fall is really here.  It's getting dark early, the temperature has really dropped and the leaves are starting to change colors.  I kind of fight admitting that, because of the thought of winter coming right behind it!  But, it's here, and I decided it was time to for a change in the house so I got the Fall décor out.

I stopped at a roadside stand and got some pumpkins for the porch.



I put my Fall sign in my old milk jug in the garage.



 In the living room, I changed up the things on the shelf and added a pumpkin to the sconce.


I changed out my little sign on the table and added another little pumpkin.



This is another table in the living room.  The glass container usually has a candle in it, but I found the ceramic pumpkin fit in it perfectly!


One more spot in the living room - more pumpkins, gourds and a new sign.



Then - the dining room...



 A few fall touches on the shelf...



and a bunch of gourds and pumpkins in this old wooden tool box on the table.
All set for a while!

13 comments:

Joyful said...

Happy Fall, Mari. I do love the Fall but like you I don't like to think about Winter right behind it.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love all of your fall decorations.....especially like your diningroom. Have a blessed Tuesday.

Kerin said...

Love all the sweet Fall touches around your home.
Very cheerful!

Yes. Winter is on the way, and I intend on squeezing every drop of Fall beautify out of these days before the snow flies ~~ LOL!

Smiles :)
~K.

Arlene G said...

Very pretty Mari...I know you all who deal with the cold weather for most of the year do hate to see the dark days coming. You can come and see me in Alabama if it gets too cold there.

Changes in the wind said...

Fall décor is always so colorful as is yours.

Terri D said...

Lovely decorations for Fall!! The milk jug by your back door is such a cute idea and easy to change with the seasons!

Jenny said...

Ooooooh girl you are going to have so much fun decorating that mantel Bob built into the board and batten. I am so envious. All of your fall touches are beautiful as always. Don't fear the coming winter. There are blankets and socks aplenty. xoxo

Jean said...

Wow, you have a lot of great fall decorations! My house always looks like fall, so I don't have many. But because it bothers Sammy that I don't, I did get a few things this season. He'll be proud of me next time he comes to visit, lol!

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

I'm still in love with your dining room!!

Cherdecor said...

Happy fall, Mari! Everything looks so fallish and festive. I have a long box a little like yours that Alan made. I should buy some gourds for like you have done. I remember when Alan's mother was alive, she always put a long basket on her table and put small pumpkins and gourds in it. Your granddaughters will love it. Such good memories.

Sylvia said...

Looks wonderful Mari

Laura said...

So cute! I love the fall pictures in the dining room.

Sally said...

Beautiful, Mari! Love those fall touches; you are a great decorator. :)

xoxo