Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Cooking Thursday

Last week I needed to make some bars for something, but found myself at work late.  I decided to make these bars which are so quick to put together, but are sooo good.  I'm frequently asked for this recipe when I bring these bars somewhere.  I've shared this one before, but it's one that is worth a repeat!

Cream Cheese Crescent Bars

2 cans crescent rolls (I use the recipe variation which is a sheet without perforations)
2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread a package of crescent rolls into a 9x13 pan and press into corners.
Mix cream cheese and sugar, spread over uncooked crescent rolls in pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over cream cheese mix.
Place remaining crescent rolls between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll them out to fit into pan.  Place over chocolate chips.
Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon sugar over top to give it a nice finish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
These keep best if stored in the refrigerator.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, I’ve made these before after seeing your recipe. These are wonderful and put together very quickly. My kids and friends love them.

LL Cool Joe said...

Do Americans call "Slices" Bars? :D Brits would call that a slice. We have a bar of chocolate though. Actually that looks like a square. Okay I'm confused. Lol.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love anything easy and this one is a prize for sure. Cant wait to try it.

Henny Penny said...

You do post the BEST recipes! Thank you.

Sally said...


Those look so yummy! I agree, you do the best recipes, Mari!

xoxo

Kerin said...

I've never seen this recipe before, thanks for sharing.
Looks delish!

Smiles :)
~K.

Jenny said...

Truly holiday-worthy. Whole lotta cooking about to be going on around here. Thanks, Mari. xoxo

NanaDiana said...

I am copying this recipe over. It sounds fantastic and SOOO easy. I think I will add a few nuts in there, too! I just found you through Connie and I am your newest follower. Hugs- Diana

Terri D said...

I need to look for those crescent roll sheets! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Laura said...

Somehow these always make me think of New Year's Eve!

Arlene G said...

Anything with crescent rolls is good Mari!!

Dianna said...

WOW...so easy and they look delicious! We just finished off the bars from the recipe you posted last week! :)