Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Slow Cooker Thursday

Todays recipe is a different take on regular hamburgers. If you like meat loaf and hamurgers, you should like these!
.
Meat Loaf Burgers
1 large onion, sliced
1 celery rib, chopped
2 pounds lean, ground beef
1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups tomato juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 hamburg buns, split
Place onion and celery in 4 or 5 quart slow cooker. Combine beef, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Shape into 6 patties and place over onion and celery.Combine tomato juice, garlic, ketchup, bay leaf, Italian seasoning and remaining salt. Pour over and between patties. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Separate patties with spatula if necessary; serve on buns.
Serves 6
For more slow cooker recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


post signature

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hamburgers are my favorite after pizza!!! This looks yummy!!!

Growin' With It said...

just had meatloaf for din din tonight! now i'm inspired for the next time!☺

Pat said...

This is one I've never heard of, but I need to try out!

Kayren said...

We love meat loaf. I need to make it again soon since it's been a while.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh this sounds so delicious. And quite easily made. Anything to cook that is easy, is fantastic in my cookbook!

Have a terrific Thursday Mari.

Melissa said...

Great idea. My husband likes meatloaf, but I don't like using the oven during hot weather. This slow cooker recipe just might be the answer.

Anonymous said...

My mom loved the cookbook. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Mary said...

Mari,

Another great slow cooker recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. I always get great recipes from you.

Rainy day here again. My veggies are getting watered. LOL

Have a great day, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Jen said...

I never thought of doing hamburgers in the crock pot before. Thank you for sharing. We will be trying this one soon. Have a great day.

All My Blessings said...

I must be hungry because this sounds so good. Yummy, Kae

Renee said...

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

MJ

Dawna Drake said...

I was just wondering this morning how something like that would turn out in the slow cooker!

Sherry said...

we just had mini meatloaf tuesday, it was yum! didn know you could do it in the crockpot!

Sandra said...

Oooh Mari, those sound so good.

Unknown said...

Nice twist to meat loaf or burgers

Michelle said...

oh I look forward to trying this next week.thank you.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Another yummy recipe!!!

junglemama said...

Mmmmm, I'll be right over.