Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Praise and Coffee Night

Tonight we had our first Praise and Coffee night here in our area. These were started by Sue of Praise and Coffee and are currently happening in a few states.
Some of us are bloggers, others are Christians who wanted to spend some time in fellowship with others. We had a great time!
.
We started the evening just talking and getting to know each other.
.


Kim, of Scattered Stones arranged this night and led us in a short devotional time on Hebrews 10. She talked about the importance of gathering together to build each other up and hold each other accountable.
.
After a time of worship and prayer, a name was drawn for the door prize. My friend Nancy (In my Neck of the Woods) was the winner of some coffee, a devotional book and a journal.
.
Here is the whole group.
.


As our evening ended, we were blessed with this beautiful sunset.
It was a wonderful night, a great time to be refreshed with worship and time spent with friends.
Thanks, Kim for all you put into this!


post signature

18 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great pictures Mari! It was a great night! What a way to end with the sunset huh!!!! Praise God!

Linda said...

I would absolutely love to be apart of a group like that. Maybe I'll just have to start one of my own. Are there any guidelines to follow? Is this something that's being started all over?

Justabeachkat said...

What a blessing to be a part of a group like this! Enjoy. Cute photos.

Hugs!
Kat

Praise and Coffee said...

What a great group of ladies!! I plan to be at the next one!

That would be great Linda, check out www.praiseandcoffeenights.com ! :)

Thanks Mari!
Sue

Unknown said...

It was very fun!!! Can't wait for the next one to see how many more ladies join... Nice pictures

septembermom said...

What a nice get together! All smiles:)

Pat said...

How wonderful, and what a great turn out! I'd love to attend, but unfortunately that several hour drive is a bit too long. Keep up those great times of fellowship and learning, it does a body good!

Penny said...

How fun! I'm glad y'all had a great time!

All My Blessings said...

What a good idea!! Everyone is so happy and all smiles. I would love to go to your next Praise and Coffee. Can't wait. Kae

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful, fun night!! Happy belated b-day to Andy too! They grow up too fast.

LuLu said...

That sounds like such a wonderful group! Oh I would love to be apart of a group like that. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend,
LuLu

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Looks like alot of fun!

And Happy Birthday to Andy too!

Have a great Memorial Day!

Cherdecor said...

That sounds like fun! I am glad that you all had a wonderful time.

Groomer Angie said...

What a great idea! Glad you had a good time, and I'm glad to be back to reading my favorite blogs!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was so much fun!!! Great to see you again:) We need to get together:)Have a great weekend:)

Diane said...

That was such a fun night! I was so blessed by it and I'm looking forward to the next one! Also I am so glad you are no longer in need of surgery! God is so good!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great thing! Wish I could have been apart of it! You'll have to let me know if you meet again. I'd love to join you!

Lynn said...

Looks like a wonderful time of fellowship.