Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Cooking Thursday

You've probably had the hash brown potatoes with cheese, often called Funeral Potatoes before.  I saw a twist on that recipe and decided to try it.  This is a taco version with ground beef in it, making an easy main dish.  This picture makes it look kind of drab, but we it was tasty and I'll make it again.


 Taco Potato Casserole

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
Small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 pounds frozen shredded hash browns

Mix all in crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top before serving.

* Next time I plan to use diced hash browns instead of shredded as I think it will give it a little more body.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a cool twist! I need to try it, already have the potatoes in the freezer.

Donna said...

Arggg...I don't have any potatoes in the house!!
hugs
Donna

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, This recipe sounds really good and I will try it. Thanks for the tip on the potatoes!

Terri D said...

Another winner!! Thanks Mari!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That is an outside the box twist! Very cool. Maybe could sprinkle with cilantro and put crushed chips on top...even more texture and color that fits the flavor profile. Yum! ;)

Catherine said...

We don’t have all the ingredients here, but sounds good

Debby said...

I'll have to give it a try - seems easy enough and I like easy.

Beth Cotell said...

This sounds so good! What a great twist on the regular funeral potatoes!

Sally said...

Well, we have potatoes! I'm going to make this, sounds delicious!
You always have the 'best' recipes and thank you for sharing with us. :)

xoxo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! This sounds good. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for this recipe!