Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Family Vacation

 I'm back from a most wonderful time! I told you I would be having a good time with my granddaughters, but didn't tell you it involved my whole family.

We rented a big cabin in Seiverville, TN, just outside the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  All 3 of our kids and their spouses, along with the grandkids were able to come.  Because our son Andy and his wife Nikki live in KY, it's a special blessing to have all of us together.

As usual, I took lots of pictures that I'll be sharing of what we did during out time.  I'm splitting it up so you aren't overwhelmed with pictures!


The drive down was long.  Bob and I left on Friday afternoon, spent the first night in Kokomo, IN and then drove the rest of the way on Saturday.  Driving in the mountains in rain is not fun, but when we arrived at our cabin, the sun was coming out.




I was enjoying seeing lots of old barns on the drive, this one was just down the road from our cabin.




We rented this car for the trip.  It was a Nissan Rogue, had only 3000 miles on it and was perfect for our drive.  Imagine our surprise when Heather and Andrew arrived in their rental car which was the same model but a different color!


Here's our cabin. It's built on top of a mountain, so the view is amazing!



The kitchen



The living room.  There was also a large eating area, and a full bathroom on the main floor.  There were 2 bathrooms with king beds and attached bathrooms on the top floor and the same on the bottom floor.  There was a laundry area on the bottom floor, and on the top was a game room with air hockey and and arcade game.




This is the view off the porch  on the main floor.

Another pic of the view.



Our bedroom



We had a fireplace too.  The bathroom had a steam shower and is behind the fireplace wall.




We had a porch off our room too and there was a hot tub there.



Soon the rest of the family arrived.  Cassie is now 4 months and is at such a fun age.  She smiles with any attention and loves to squeal!






Alaina and Ruby loved playing with her.



Everyone enjoyed the back porch.






The girls had fun climbing up the pillars.



Laura and Aaron had a jacuzzi in their room which the girls thought was great!

That's enough for today.  I'll share some things we did in the next few days.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are great family fun pictures. Your cabin was beautiful, and looks new. Oh, that kitchen! Me want!

Hootin Anni said...

How fun!!! Oh the view. And having a week with family is priceless.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks like the perfect place and I look forward to the rest of your pictures.

Suemn said...

Wow! What a great place to stay for your vacation.

Sparky said...

That is funny that y'all rented the same brand of vehicle! It's lovely there, isn't it!? I have lots of kinfolk in and from Sevier County, TN: the McMahan's and Green(e)'s. Related to all of 'em. It's a fun place to visit and go motorbikin'. Lots of twistys. Wonderful photos. The grandkids look so happy and that made me smile too. Blessings. xx

Martha said...

What a perfect trip! We rented a cabin in the mountains once and I think it was our most memorable trip ever. I'm looking forward to more photos.

Changes in the wind said...

How wonderful that all could come and it so beautiful there!! Love the cabin and the view.

Jeanette said...

Nice! Looks like a beautiful place! We have rented a cottage on a lake in Gaylord in July for the whole family! It will be my daughters 40th birthday while we are there. My son is even coming from NH. I can't wait! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Debby said...

My dad grew up in Scott County in Eastern Tennessee. I love it there. So beautiful and green.

Looks like a fun family vacation. Nice cabin.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - what a wonderful plan for a trip!! That you got to be with all 3 of your kiddos is awesome. And wowzers, look at those views! Just gorgeous. 😍 The cabin itself looked so cute and just a perfect fit for your tribe. It's so nice to have some things feel more normal and have fun trips like this! Excited to hear about the rest. 😊

Laurel Wood said...

How fun! The cabin is spectacular. I love seeing Alaina and Ruby playing with Cassie. So sweet. I look forward to s in more pics of your trip.

Terri D said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful cabin with an even more beautiful view! Memories made for the entire family, Mari! What a blessing. Those girls, all three of them, are precious! Can't wait for the next post!! xo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Very, very, very delightful!!!!!!!

How lucky we were!!!!!

🌷🌷"Blogs are little First Amendment machines."🌷🌷

Jean said...

What a heavenly place. And all of you together - even more heavenly!!

Catherine said...

Yes what a heavenly place!
I would love to be there! The cabin is beautiful and so is the view.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - that's a great cabin! What a fun family trip!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'm not at all sure you would have ever gotten me off that porch! WOW! Such peace. Nissan Rogue is a great car. And you are right that driving in rain in the mountains is nerve-wracking! I know you were glad to see that spacious cabin! xoxo