Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 The recipe I'm sharing today is an oldie.  This is a cookie recipe that my mom used to make,  It's an easy recipe that makes a light, crispy cookie.  My mom always added either M&M's or chocolate chips.  I made this batch to take along on our trip because everyone likes them.  It makes a good size batch, so I usually freeze half of them to eat later.



Angel Cookies

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Crisco
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
16 ounces M&M's or chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla, then blend in dry ingredients.
Stir in M&M's or chocolate chips.  Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, I can almost smell them now! They look so yummy.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I copied it! These look so happy and good. xoxo

The Liberty Belle said...

The cookies look so good! Wish I had one (or two...or three) right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Laurel Wood said...

These cookies look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
God bless you.❤️

Hootin Anni said...

Yep, I call them M&M cookies too.

Catherine said...

Cookies with M&M’s are so good!

Martha said...

Yummy! Wish I could reach through and grab a few. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

They look so yummy! Thank you for another winning recipe!

Suemn said...

M&M cookies are one of my favorite home made cookies!

Terri D said...

It has been so long since I bought Crisco! Need to get some so I can make these. Thanks for the recipe, Mari! Hope you are feeling better!! xo

Jules said...

Ohhhh those look delicious!! Thank you for the recipe! Hope you've had a wonderful day!

Kim said...

I would have no willpower around these...yum!