Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Cooking Thursday

Something I often make with leftover roast is Shepherds Pie.  A few weeks ago I made a turkey roast and decided to try Shepherds Pie with turkey.   It turned out really good.  I have something new to use leftover turkey on!

Turkey Shepherds Pie

Leftover turkey, cubed
Leftover veggies - I use green beans or corn
Leftover gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Seasoned salt

Cube the turkey and put it in a 9x9 or 9x13 pan, depending on how much you have left.  Pour gravy over turkey and then spread your veggies over the meat and gravy.
At this point I cover it and put it in the freezer.  A week or two later, I take it out and thaw it.
Place in 350 degree over for 30-45 minutes.
You can make your own mashed potatoes, but for something quick, I used Bob Evans potatoes, found in the refrigerator section of your store.  Prepare them as directed.
Spread over the meat and veggies, sprinkle with seasoned salt and place back in over for 10 minutes.

That's it!  You have a whole new meal from leftovers!

12 comments:

Judy said...

I have never used turkey in my shepherds pie, it sounds good.

Debi said...

I love all kinds of sheperds pie. It's a hearty and filling meal! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Terri D said...

This sounds very good! Joe is actually eating casseroles now and then so I will tuck this recipe away!! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

I love creating new meals! I like how you tried to use up all the leftovers you had on hand.
Hope your week has been a great one, Mari!
Blessings!

Joyful said...

Great idea Mari! It looks delish.

Kerin said...

Thanks for the recipe; sounds yummy!
I've never used turkey in shepherds pie either, so I'll have to give it a try next time I have leftover turkey :)

Have a happy day.
~K.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Good recipe and will save and use.

Linda said...

Oh, I love Shepherds Pie, smiles. Thanks for this recipe, Mari. smiles

Dianna said...

It is so good to have you back in the blogging world, Mari! I love this recipe. We have cottage pie, which is quite similar, only made with ground beef, about once a month. The next time we have chicken I want to give this recipe a try!

Changes in the wind said...

Thanks for sharing:)

Annie said...

I love Shepherd's Pie! Sadly, my husband does not...
I could definitely make a little one for myself though. :)

Doris said...

Simple, and sounds so good. That's a win win!