Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2020

A little Christmas

Hi to all of you! I know Christmas is long gone, but since I've been on break, I thought I would do one post sharing a little of my Christmas.


On Christmas Eve, we had Aaron, Laura and the girls, and Andrew and Heather over for supper.
We had a simple meal of sliders, salad, veggies and Christmas goodies.

After supper we face timed with Andy and Nikki in KY and watched them open some gifts, and they watched us do the same.


 Here they had a Santa app turned on, which Alaina and Ruby thought was fun.



Alaina and Ruby liked helping Uncle Andrew open a gift.


On Christmas Day, my whole family came over for the day.  Everyone but Laura and Aaron were here for dinner, they came in the afternoon.


Here we are, lined up and filling the room.  There were 18 for dinner.



We have a fun tradition were people who may have been "naughty" get a letter from Santa.
 Here's my niece Shaelyn with the shirt she got from Santa for being somewhat Grinchy during the Christmas season this year.



 Cheri and family got this book of pictures, because they all went away on a cruise, and didn't think of the family back home.  The book had pictures from the cruise but "Santa" had inserted different family members into the photos.



Even my Dad and Ann got something from Santa this year.  Here's my brother, reading the letter to them.  However, their letter congratulated them on being the best Grandpa and Grandma and being a great example to their family.

As usual, there was lots of talking and laughter.  We always have a good time together.

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Such fun Christmas traditions! Welcome back to blogland. I never got your Christmas card(sad face) so maybe you did mail it to our old address. If you email me, I will send you my new address. Happy New year, Mari! See you again soon!

Linda said...

Awesome!!! I am so jealous of your family, smiles (well, not really jealous, you know what I am saying, lol). Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, smiles.

Kim said...

No better way to spend Christmas than with family and laughter!

Henny Penny said...

Oh it sure looks like you all have fun together. That cruise album must have been fun, the way they are laughing. You have a nice family, and what a table full for dinner, 18!

Doris said...

What a fun Christmas! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Terri D said...

I just LOVE seeing big family gatherings during the holidays and think it's great that you can serve 18 people at one table! What a fun tradition having a Santa naughty letter given to certain people! Thanks for sharing part of your Christmas, Mari!

Laura said...

Loved Grandpa's Santa letter. I think there were a lot of tears, including him. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those "naughty" letters from Santa sound like a fun tradition.
I really enjoyed this post about your celebration.

Jenny the Pirate said...

You guys know how to celebrate. Sorry I'm late to the party but I still sense the vibe. Haahaha xoxo