Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Happenings

You have to excuse the poor quality of this photo.  It was taken when I was working a night shift last week.  This is the enclosed courtyard at the nursing facility I work at.  Although it looks like it has a ceiling, it and the light are just a reflection in the window from inside.
I just wanted to show you how they decorated it this Christmas.  The thing in the center is a big fountain, which is turned off in the winter.  They put an eight foot tree in it and had a big tree lighting ceremony last week.  The big dining room borders it, so everyone could sit inside and see it get lit up.  They served Christmas cookies and punch and everyone had fun!

Alaina had a school Christmas program last week.

 Here's Ruby and Laura before the program started.  Ruby didn't have a program this year, but she was pretty excited about being at Alaina's.

The program was very cute, but we couldn't see Alaina because she was in the middle of the group of kids.  All we could see was her hair bow, so that was a bummer.



Here are Alaina and Ruby after the program.  Ruby told me that next year she will be in the program too, so we would have to come back then.  It's always fun going to these, so we'll look forward to it!


I've decided to take another blog break,  Several of my blog friends are taking a break, and it's such a busy time of the year.  I will pop in and see you occasionally, but otherwise will plan to be back next year!
Merry Christmas to each of you.  You are each a blessing to me!

21 comments:

Saija said...

oh, so glad you shared … LOVE the courtyard … makes it homey … :)
AND love the pics of the girls …

Terri D said...

The girls are so cute! The courtyard is beautiful! I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year! Enjoy!!

Joyful said...

The girls look so cute. They are really growing up. I love the decorated fountain. It's very pretty all lit up like that.

Arlene G said...

Yes, I understand taking a break Mari. You need to spend time with those two sweet girlies.

Judy said...

The courtyard is beautiful all lit up. I'm sure the residents love seeing it. I enjoy going to see the grandkids programs.

Linda said...

Beautiful. The courtyard looks like a winter wonderland, smiles. Waving to the girls. Have a very Merry Christmas, Mari.

Changes in the wind said...

How wonderful to have that tree where all can see. You must have a good group of people there that really care. The girls just keep growing up and aren't they so sweet. Enjoy your break time and Merry Christmas.

Kathie said...

Your girls look like little twins! And I like your fountain pic- it looks very artsy! Merry CHRISTmas!

Doris said...

The lighted courtyard next to the dining room has to be so wonderful for the residents. Love to see effort taken to bring joy!
It is a busy time! We have had so many special things going on....this week might not be as crazy. Will look forward to reading all about what you've been up to after the New Year begins. Merry Christmas!

Laurel Wood said...

The courtyard is beautiful and I know the folks there were happy to enjoy the festivities from the windows. Lovely pics of your daughter and granddaughters. Love to you all and Merry Christmas.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I think that's a great picture! It's mysterious and beautiful. It makes me happy that the residents had a tree-lighting reception. That is very cool and I'm sure it was good for them in many ways. Christmas can be such a happy time. Children make it poignant for me; if I let myself think of how many will be abused over Christmas, what with their parents and parents' significant others using substances and booze, it breaks my heart. God be with and protect them.

Ruby's face makes me happy, and I'm sad that you couldn't see Alaina's during the program. That really IS a bummer. She's beautiful. When I look at Ruby I just see the female version of Aaraon, haahaha!

I hope you'll drop by my blog for about two minutes to watch a short clip I've put up. I know you'll like it.

Merry Christmas, my friend! You are a blessing to me. xoxo

septembermom said...

The girls are beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Henny Penny said...

I enjoyed all the pictures! Those girls are such sweetie pies. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Connie said...

Mari, I'm sending you a big hug and a wish for a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your break . . . Merry Christmas and see you next year.
Connie :)

The Liberty Belle said...

I'm sure the school Christmas program was a delight. The courtyard looks nice. Have a merry Christmas!

LL Cool Joe said...

The courtyard looks lovely. Both girls are looking more and more similar!

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. Today we have 19 people coming to the house, so I better get ready!

Bethany Carson said...

The courtyard looks beautiful! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Mari!! I hope your Christmas was blessed with goodness and family!!

Sweet photos of the girls.

And before I leave, have a great celebration of the new year ... wishing you all a happy & prosperous 2020.

Sally said...

Those little girls just make my heart smile. They're both so cute and sweet.

I hope your Christmas was good, and that 2020 will be extra special for all of you.

xoxo

Arlene G said...

So glad you are back Mari. I missed you and the girlies too! I am sure they made Christmas special for all of you.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Ruby and Alaina are such pretty little girls. Are they your granddaughters?