Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Youth night

We had a fun night this past weekend.  Our church's post high group has started something recently where a couple or family from church agrees to host them for an evening.  They do this once a month and we were signed up for the January evening.
They plan different things for each month, and our night was to be a soup and salad night.   I made Cheesy potato soup, Pasta E Fagioli soup, salad, rolls and some bars.
There were 17 people there, including 2 youth leaders and Bob and I.  The group ranges in age from 18-25.


We set up tables downstairs because we can't fit that many people around our dining room table.


After we ate, we took the tables down and sat around the room.  We had some question and answer time, talking and lots of laughter.
I think everyone had fun, and we really enjoyed getting to know them all better.  We told them they could sign us up again!

11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I wish our current ward congregation had more Young Adults that age for Josh to mingle with, but most of the people in our current congregation are middle age or older, with an emphasis on the older. Charly and I are among the youngest people in the bunch. It's so great that you volunteered to host the youth dinner. I am sure your cheesy potato soup was a big hit!

Joyful said...

I LOVE this idea. I think it's a great way to bring generations together that wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity.

Hootin Anni said...

How awesome is that? The world needs more like you and Bob!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a blessing to open your home to the younger people of the church. They dont realize how much they can learn from the older folks! Your food sounds so good and I know they enjoyed it and the talk and laughter afterward.

Terri D said...

What a fun thing to do! I'm sure everyone loved the soups and your yummy desserts, too! Your room is perfect for large gatherings like that!

Arlene G said...

Oh what fun to be with younger believers!! Your basement is perfect for that type of gathering Mari. I am going to be on the MOPs panel on Friday. It is their ask a mentor day. I no longer mentor but they kindly asked me to be a part. I am looking forward to it.

Linda said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, Mari. Have a great day, friend. smiles

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow I'm impressed you entertained 17 people, and that you got that many people sitting at tables! They look like a very sensible group of youngsters.

Annie said...

How fun! Fellowship is always such a blessing. Good job feeding 17 people!
:) Right now our church doesn't have a youth group but we do have a good amount of elementary age kids. We'll have a nice sized one when they all get to that age. :)

Changes in the wind said...

This is a great idea! and am sure enjoyed by all.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Looks like a pretty great time was had by all! I myself like the menu. Haahaha xoxo