Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is one of my favorite summer recipes.  This is a pasta salad that's really easy to throw together, and you can switch up the meat in it if you like.  I got this recipe from Bob's mom.  She made it often, and so do I.




Moms Pasta Salad

1 cup uncooked pasta - shell, elbow, bowtie...
2 hard boiled eggs
7 ounces tuna, drained (or cubed ham, shredded chicken...)
1 can peas, drained
2 sweet gherkin pickles, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package.  Place in colander and rinse with cold water.
Toss together tuna, peas and pickles.  Cut eggs fine and stir in.  Add pasta and mayonnaise.
Stir all together and then stir in cheese.
Refrigerate overnight.  Stir before serving.  If it appears too dry, add mayonnaise to taste.

13 comments:

Gayla said...

I think this sounds great for these hot August days!

Laurel Wood said...

Sounds delicious for one of these hot summer nights!

Phoebes World said...

Oh...this looks so good..
Pasta...tuna.. cheese... Whats not to like
Phoebe x

Kerin said...

Summertime and pasta salads just go together :)
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Have a happy Thursday!
~K.

Linda said...

Another keeper, for sure, smiles.

Arlene G said...

I do like a pasta salad for supper in the summer time...so refreshing in the heat.

Changes in the wind said...

Same as how I fix it except I have not used the cheese. Will give that a try next time.

Sally said...

Oh yes, now that's something I'd really like! Another great recipe, Mari. Thank you!

xoxo

Dianna said...

Sounds and looks yummy!

Terri D said...

This sounds so good, Mari! Thanks!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Lovie! Sorry I'm playing catch up as always Mari. Lol
I'm not a tuna or pickle fan - but you're speaking my Mom's love languages....so think I need to share this one with her. Lol
Hope all is well with you beautiful Lady. My Aaron leaves for college soon and Annie will be starting school, as you know. So I will have more of a normal routine again. But I'll probably be a weeping mess for a while. Lol Look forward to more time in blogland with you soon. Blessings to you ❤️

Henny Penny said...

I would love this! Thank you!

Debi said...

This sounds delicious!