Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

A country road

Last week I brought a meal to a family from our church.  They don't live very close so I ended up driving on some country roads that I haven't driven on before.
I love country roads and seeing new things.  Here's a few photos I took along the drive.


 The first hyacinths I've seen this year!  Such a pretty scene on this hillside.



This made you smile right?  This tree trunk was at the end of a long driveway and it looks like someone decided it needed some paint added.


 Check out this beautiful home!



I came across this old schoolhouse.


And then I saw this - not what I expected to see on a country road in West Michigan!

It's a reproduction of Stonehenge.  I can't imagine what it cost to put this up, buying the stones, cutting them to the right shape and size and then getting them all set up.  It's not something I would want filling my yard up, but it was cool to see!

Thanks for coming along on this ride!

14 comments:

Terri D said...

It really is interesting to travel back roads! I would love to take three or four months and do just that with no real destination in mind. Perhaps one day...

Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful photos, Mari. I really love the schoolhouse.

Arlene G said...

I always enjoy taking the back roads...so many things to see.

Jean said...

What a great country drive!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Back roads are the best and you sure saw some interesting things. Love the stump with the smiley faces.

Dianna said...

A lovely ride, my friend! Those hyacinths are just beautiful on that hillside!

Changes in the wind said...

I would make this type of thing a monthly outing:)

Kerin said...

Country roads are the best!
That old schoolhouse is adorable...what a treat!

Smile :)
~K.

Michelle said...

As someone who lives far out in the "boondocks" I can tell you that country roads provide the best views. I love your photos!

Cherdecor said...

That was quite the ride on country roads. For one road, there were so many interesting things to see. I would love to know who lives in that huge home. The architecture was so interesting. I loved looking at all the photos.

Anonymous said...

What great sights you came across! The standing stones are amazing!

LL Cool Joe said...

How funny to want a replica of Stonehenge in your garden!

Ooh that's a beautiful big house, I wonder who lives there.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What fun road trip. That house is an estate! Beautiful!! But the stonehenge thing is amazing. Wonder if they visited the real thing and why they felt the need to recreate it? Pretty cool though! ;)

Jenny said...

Isn't it fascinating what people get up to in rural areas? I never get tired of this kind of exploring. Great pics, Mari! xoxo