Monday, April 1, 2019

A Day in my Life

It's April! It feels so good to say that - you know how I'm rejoicing to see winter done!
It was a very busy day for me, but a good one.  Here's how it went.

I was up about 5:30 am and ready about 6:15.  I had this refrigerator oatmeal with raspberries for breakfast and was on the road about 6:35.

 The view on my corner.  It was only 30 degrees but still a pretty morning.

I punched in a little before 7 and went to my office.  I had the weekend off, so the box outside my door was filled with notes and papers.   I sorted through them, then got charts ready for the Dr that was coming in.

We had an extremely busy week with admissions last week with 10 admissions.  In a 60 bed facility that's a lot.  We find that people come in a bunch, and then they all go home in a bunch!
A busy week for us, makes a busy week for our doctors.

This Doctor comes weekly and does the initial admission.  Usually he has 4-5, so today he had his work cut out for him.  He got to the building about 8am. He goes through all the transfer paperwork and the current orders, write about 2 pages on each person, then he and I go to see the person.  I note any new orders and write a progress note, notify the pharmacy and the family and then we do it again!  We worked straight through until 2pm when he finished.
Then I put all the new orders in the med books and put the charts away.
I also had to place a weekly order for tube feeding supplies and catheter supplies and do the weekly disease report with the county -  something that monitors any outbreaks, which we thankfully have not had.
In the meantime, I had a call from my Dad telling me he had been discharged from the hospital.  I was planning to go get him, but someone had come to visit and taken him home!  However, I had to go pick up new meds and get them set up for him, so at 3 I left to do that.

 I stopped at his pharmacy to get his new meds.  The pharmacist came out to tell me she was so glad he was back home and that they all thought he was such a nice guy.  I agreed!  :)

When I got to Dad's, I found him looking good, visiting with a neighbor.  He appears to be back to his baseline and says he's going bowling again tomorrow.  I'm so thankful to see him looking so good again.
I got his pills all straightened out and headed home - got there shortly before 5.

Bob had the day off and had put some subs in the oven, so they were ready when I came home.

Unfortunately, I had some things I still had to finish at work, so after supper, I went back in.

 I love a country road!  Here's the view going back to work.  It was 42 degrees at this time.

I was at work from 5:45 to 7:15, got done what I needed to and came back home.

The days are staying light later, so as I approached my road, there was still a tinge of pink in the sky.

I was happy to be home and see my sweet hubby!

I relaxed the rest of the night.  Here's something I found on Facebook.  Laura pranked the girls for April Fools by drawing a moustache and beard on them while they were sleeping.  They were quite surprised when they woke up and looked in the mirror and then spent the rest of the day thinking of how they could prank their Dad.

Happy April to all of you!


Dianna said...

Such a busy day you had, my friend! I am very happy to read that your dad was discharged today! He is looking good and was tickled to hear that he says he's going to bowling tomorrow.

Love the girls and their mustaches!

Joyful said...

You had a very busy day Mari but glad you powered through it. I was also glad to see your dad looking so good. I'm glad he had a visit with his friend. The photo of the grands made me laugh out loud.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad your Dad got to go home and he is looking good and ready to go bowling. The girls look so cute and bet they were surprised to see their faces in the mirror! What a long, busy day you had my friend...hope they arent all that way.

Arlene @Nanaland said...

I am so glad your daddy is home. And the joke that Laura pulled was the best! I would have never thought of that. Hoping things slow down a bit at work for you Mari.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading of your day, as my first visit here it really gave me an insight to your life, you’re busy. I’m glad your dad is doing better, and the little girls dad better keep an eye out lol,,it’s nice to meet you, I will enjoy following along,

Sandi said...

Looks like a good day!

Changes in the wind said...

They should pay you in gold because you are worth it! So glad for people like you that can carry such responsibility and be dedicated. What a fun thing to do to the they were indeed surprised.

Terri D said...

Those girls are just so cute!! LOL on the April Fool's Day prank. You had a very busy day. Bless you and all nurses and staff at our nursing homes and assisted living facilities. God bless you,

Mary said...

So happy to read this good news! I got a kick out of the photo of Laura’s April Foos day prank on the girls. I can only imagine their faces when they woke up,

Doris said...

Whew, what a busy day! Glad your dad is doing so well. Love these first day posts 😊

Jenny said...

Girl my heart sank when you said you had to go back to work! That's awful when I know you wanted your chair and fuzzy slippers. You're such a trooper. I'd be crushed under the weight of HALF of what you get accomplished. It's good to see your dad looking so well. What a miracle he is. I wish you warm days! xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I always love following along on a day with you ;) So happy to hear your Dad is doing better! Love the April fool's prank. Lol

Cherdecor said...

I am surprised that someone didn't prank you at work. On April 1, we forgot that it was April Fools Day. I would like to know how Laura did that without waking them. They must be sound sleepers, but it was oh so funny!

Laura said...

You sure do pack a lot in a day - you're amazing!