Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!  I know this is a joyful day for some, but it's a hard day for others.  There are many things that can make this day hard;  maybe you've lost a child, you long to be a mom, you've lost your mom, or  you are having a hard time as a mom.  Remember that God knows...  and you are loved.

We've got some special ladies to celebrate in our family.  I saw my step-mom on Friday, but I forgot to get a picture of her with the flower planter we got for her.  My sister Cheri picked it out, and you'll just have to believe me when I say it's beautiful!

We spent time with Bob's mom on Friday night.  We had supper with her and Bob's step-dad at his brother's home.  We had a nice evening together.

 Here's Mom with one of her gifts.  If it rains, her umbrella is a flower!


Sunday evening Laura, Aaron and girls, and Andrew and Heather came over for supper.
 Here's Alaina and Ruby enjoying some pizza.



 Ruby was playing with Grandpa while eating her pizza.


 Laura made a beautiful salted caramel, chocolate peanut butter pie.  It was yummy, but we didn't want to think about how many calories were in it!



 Grandpa found his old Animal puppet (from the Muppets).  He and the girls had fun with it.



The kids spoiled me with this jar full of fun things, lotion, a candle and a necklace with Alaina and Ruby's initials on it.



Cards done by kids are the best, and this is a keeper.  Alaina says I'm 24 years old and tall as a giant (although I'm actually the shortest of the adults in our family).   I'm thrilled that she thinks I'm good at turning on the tv.  :)

It was a nice day, shared with some of my very favorite people in the world!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Squealing over the umbrella, I just recently bought a new umbrella and it's pink, no guy stealing it this time, lol.

Loveeeeeeee the card...how precious. Happy Belated Mothers Day, Mari.

Terri D said...

That card is so cute! What a great idea and it is a keeper for sure! It looks like you all had a great weekend of celebrating - which is as it should be. Those girls are beyond precious.

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun weekend you had! Love the gifts...yours and that umbrella!
And I'm sure I would have loved that pie, too! ha.

Sally said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Mari!

I love the umbrella, now that is so cute. You guys were busy but it sounds like fun all around.

Alaina? That card is precious, something you'll treasure always.

Ruby? I just LOVE her hair, it tickles me every time I see her.

xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you had a great day!

Karen said...

Lovely post. Pretty umbrellas are just the best! I love the card, LOL! Those are some of the best treasures, for sure. I'm glad you had such a nice mother's day. And how thoughtful of you to remember that it's not always easy for some. We do need to be sensitive that it can be a bittersweet day at times.

Connie said...

Spending time with family, priceless

Terri D said...

I resisted asking for the recipe for that pie, but here I am.....it looks decadent and beyond delicious!

Laura said...

It was a nice night to celebrate an amazing mom and grandma! :) You do have some competition though, Alaina said Grandma Macy is also good at turning on shows, although she said that Grandma's favorite thing to watch is "boring mom shows." :)

The recipe for the chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Pie is here:
http://minimalistbaker.com/pretzel-peanut-butter-chocolate-pie/

It doesn't have the caramel inside like I did, but why not right? So I put half the filling in, let it set in the freezer, spread the salted caramel spread on, then the rest of the filling, and then drizzled a little more salted caramel on top. Enjoy!

Cherdecor said...

Ruby hair is just beautiful!!!!!! She and Alaina are so pretty.
Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.















carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So sweet Mari! Looks like it was a perfect Mommy/Grandma day to me. ;)
xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

That card is so cool. Ha ha, turning on the TV is something to be very proud of. You wait, Alaina will be taller than you in a few years!

Jenny said...

How wonderful. That umbrella is truly spectacular. Alaina and Ruby brighten any day, and wow that pie!!! I gave Audrey a card "from" Dagny that had some "write in" blanks. It was funny and so cute. We had quite a time. A belated Happy Mother's Day to you, Mari. I know it's a tender one for you, with your mother gone. I am so fortunate to still have mine. TG shed some tears in church, his first Mother's Day without his mom. She was a great one. xoxo

Anonymous said...

The card is PRICELESS. What a precious gift the necklace is too. I can't believe how your granddaughters are growing!