Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Greenhouse visit

Last week I made a visit to a local greenhouse to get a few plants.  We have a huge greenhouse near our home that people travel for miles to get to.  It's called Countryside Greenhouse and it has 8 acres of shopping space! It is a very busy place this time of year, so I usually wait until after Mothers Day to go, in the hopes that it'll be a little calmer.
When I got there last week, I could see that waiting hadn't made much difference.  The parking lot was filled up, even though it was the middle of the day and it was a weekday.  It was starting to rain and I had a brief moment of wondering if I should just come back another day.  However, I was there so I decided to run in and see what I could find.

 This old truck is in the entrance.



These 5 cats live in the greenhouse and you never know when you may see one.



 Flowers for almost as far as you can see.



The hanging baskets are on a track that moves, so they don't always get the sun from the same angle.



You can't see them well, but I got 2 hanging baskets and a planter.



While I was inside, I could hear that it had started to really rain.  I paid for my purchases and it was a total downpour!


 It doesn't show well, but the rain was blowing across the parking lot in sheets, and my car was at the far corner.  I could see it wasn't going to stop anytime soon though, and I knew I wouldn't melt, so I made a run for it.



By the time I made it to the car and got the plants put in, I was a mess!  My hair was dripping, my shirt was soaked and I couldn't see out of my glasses.



I think I looked like a drowned rat - but less cute than this one.

My plants look nice though!

15 comments:

Terri D said...

I had to chuckle at you being drenched from the rain. It happened to us just tonight when we left Walmart. The rain was coming down in sheets. I had a big umbrella but it didn't help at all. Shoes, pants, purse and packages were soaked. Oh well.... Glad we both got our shopping done!!

Judy said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome nursery. I bought some lilac bushes in lower Michigan this past weekend and it was raining there as well, tho I didn't get as wet as you did.

Cherdecor said...

What a dream garden center!!!! I would love to shop there. Your plants look nice too. I loved your picture of the drowned rat! I am sure that you looked much better.

Arlene G said...

Mari, I always get overwhelmed when I have a lot to choose from!!:) Hope you got dried off and had a nice hot beverage once you got home.

Linda said...

Giggling over the drowned rat, smiles. Thank you for sharing the Greenhouse pictures...very nice. Have a beautiful day friend.

Patsy said...

Love shopping at places like this.
That rain can sure mess with a day out.

Jennifer Hays said...

That looks like a fabulous nursery, Mari. I just love going to look at plants, especially annuals. I can spend hours wandering up and down the rows.

Jenny said...

Oh dear! Caught in a downpour. We've had so little rain here lately, I'd almost welcome it, although I'd be annoyed. But one can always dry off and what gorgeous baskets you got. I would love to visit that place with you. xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

So many beautiful plants! I hope the rain stopped so that you could get into the garden!

Betsy Brock said...

I love it when you show this greenhouse...it's amazing!
I hate it when an unexpected rain catches me like that....ick!

Connie said...

I do not do well in such a busy place. I go across the road to j and w greenhouse for our plants. We have had a lot of rain though.

Anonymous said...

This is a magnificent looking nursery. I love places like this. Nothing worse than wet glasses and usually I don't have anything to dry them with!
Hope your plants do great. I was able to post an update tonight if you get a chance to visit.

Jean said...

Bless your heart!!! I HATE getting soaked like that. I'm not sure what I would have done.

What a beautiful green house. I really miss the one we had nearby when we lived in Lititz. It was on my way home from school and so easy to stop in. And good prices too.

Kim said...

My daughter and I went there last week and are always so incredibly indecisive on what to purchase. It can be quite intimidating! Oh how I wish you had taken a selfie of yourself sitting there in your car once everything was loaded. LOL

Laura said...

So pretty! I need to go get some soon, but I hope I pick a better day than you! :)