Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Fun with food

We had our MOP's (Moms of Pre-schoolers) last week. We talked about routines, and how most kids do well with a routine, as they like to know what to expect. We talked about having some things worked into a regular routine; like activity time, quiet time, task time and Jesus time (devotion or Bible story).

One of our hand-outs had an idea for a summer routine that was kind of neat.
Make it Monday - crafts, legos, forts...
Trip Tuesday - park, museum, picnic, friends house...
Wet Wednesday - Splash pad, pool or lake, sprinklers...
Thinking Thursday - research something they may be wondering about, like making yogurt, how cars are made, how do monster trucks work, where do baby carrots come from...
Friend Friday - have a friend over, or do something with a friend.

We did a craft that was all ideas for making fun snack foods with your kids.

Butterflies, made with celery sticks, peanut butter, pretzels and raisins.


Lady bugs, made with strawberries, blueberries and melted chocolate.


Fishing poles, made with pretzel rods, licorice strings and gummy worms.

Cute and fun!  I thought these were all good ideas for kids, especially with summer getting close.

13 comments:

Angie said...

How adorable!! I have been thinking about getting my kids on a routine too. We are very flexible around here and while I sometimes think flexability is good, I think they would thrive better with more structure.

Betsy Brock said...

I like it! :)

Linda said...

OHHHHHHHH my 19 yr old and even the 50 yr old would like that (giggling). Have a beautiful day friend.

Arlene G said...

Love it...especially the days of the week idea. Writing that one down to share today as we have our LAST meeting of the year. Spa Day!!

Sally said...

Such fun for the kids, and moms. I love these ideas, Mari, and going to share with Hunter. :)

xoxo

Terri D said...

Those are some really fun ideas to try with little ones. I've seen the celery and pretzel butterflies before but not the others. I think little ones aren't the only humans that appreciate a routine. I get all out of sorts if my morning routine is messed up. I'm referring to my Monday-Friday, getting ready for work routine. Your MOPS group is such a great program and they are lucky to have you participating.

Karen said...

These are very cute ideas. I was at Costco yesterday, and they have all the summer and pool toys out. It's the time of year that I remember preparing for summer with my kids at home, stocking up on pool snacks and fun breakfast stuff. I miss it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Such cute ideas! I think it is a good plan to have some sort of summer schedule and routine. It always worked well when my kids were young and helped me keep my sanity during the summer (at least most of the time. ;-) ).

Cherdecor said...

My feed has not been working since 5.11.16 so I did not know that you have been posting.

I like these cute little ideas for kids during the summer.

Jenny said...

I'm going to share this post with my Stephanie, who may need ideas for her three to keep the summer interesting. I know Allissa will want to make some of those treats. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Fun ideas. We often help out a neighbor with her little one so these will come in handy this summer.

Jean said...

I LOVE those ladybugs!!

Laura said...

Those all sound like great ideas! Sounds like a busy week though too! :)