Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Some Good News

Have you seen any of the Good News posts you can find on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube?  They were started because people were sick of watching the news and hearing so much sad or bad news.  So a few people started publishing feel good stories.  The one that I started watching was John Krasinski from the show The Office.  He started during the shutdown during Covid to give people something positive to see.  It's nice to see happy or heartwarming things!

My post doesn't measure up to most of those, but it warmed my heart!

Most of you know my Dad is on hospice.  He's been pretty stable, but because of his failing vision, he can't drive anymore.  He also tires very easily so he doesn't get out a lot.
My sister Cheri works in an eye doctors office and she had a patient who turned out to be the son of an army buddy of my Dad.  He is also home bound, and they decided we had to get Dad over to his house to see him.
So, on Saturday, she and I picked up Dad.  Ann came too and we drove to Harley's house. His 3 sons were also planning to be there.



Here's Dad and Harley.  They hadn't seen each other in about a year and they were so happy to talk and catch up.
As I said earlier, they were in the army together and spent time in Germany in the 50's.  They've kept up with each other all these years, and I remember visiting with the family when I was a kid.
They have lots of stories to tell, both of them are full of mischief and fun and it was good to see them together again!


In other news, I had a good mail day!
It seems that usually our mail is bills and junk, but this day was different.
I got such a nice package in the mail from Carrie of Northwoods Scrapbook.



She sent this cute journal, a hand made card and gift tag and a gift card for Starbucks.  So sweet!  And such a nice thing to find in my mail box.  
Thanks Carrie!

21 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

What a beautiful blessing! So great to see your dad with his buddy. I love heart warming stories like this. I also think your blog friend is a sweetheart. That is a beautiful gift. I love snail mail and packages too. Such fun. Hugs and Prayers to you and yours across the miles. Thank you for always praying. I did get released from jury duty. It was a good blessing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful for both of them! Your Dad looks so happy!!!

Kim said...

I love those Good News posts. This was a great news post...your dad looks so happy and your mail is lovely. Thanks for sharing the smiles!

Catherine said...

Nice for your father to meet his friend again! There are so much bad news that I listen to a jazz and classical music all day when at home even in my car. Nobody speaking only music. I am glad for you that you received these nice gift.

roentare said...

Sorry about what happened to your dad. He is lucky to have your support. Good news is hard to come by. I normally find them through local community fora on line.

Donna said...

Wonderful that your Dad and buddy still enjoy their time together!
Sweet gift!
hugs
Donna

KEV. Robertson. said...

So good to see two Mates together- just a lovely story Mari. Thanks.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a fun thing to find in the mail! That was very kind of Carrie to send you such a nice package. Bloggers are such nice people! It's so great that your dad got to spend some time with his old friend. I hope you have a good week. Stay warm! It is bitter cold here - probably colder where you are. See you again soon!

Suemn said...

It's so nice to see your dad and his long time friend getting to be able to visit again. You and your sisters take good care of your dad. What a neat gift from your blogger friend and that reminds me that I have a Starbucks gift card that I need to use:)

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Billie Jo said...

What a wonderful, uplifting post today, my friend. Great thought for your father! I am sure he had a great visit. I hope you have a cozy afternoon!

happyone said...

How nice that they got to visit again. :)
We sure could use some uplifting stories!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well this is all just so great. I know your dad and Harley had a time talking over the old days. And how kind and generous of Carrie to send you that lovely package! Good news indeed! xoxo

Michelle said...

Well, this warms MY heart! Wonderful that your dad was able to spend time with his friend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I loved the videos John Krasinkski did too. I love him! And his wife! Both seem like genuine wonderful folks, beyond the movie star stuff. And how sweet your Dad got that visit with his old military buddy. That pic is precious - definitely one for the photo album with their story attached. 😉 And you're so welcome for your fun box! I'm so grateful for your regular visits and the friendship we've made here in blogland. I hope you enjoy!! 💝
xoxo

Terri D said...

Good news is so important, especially in these crazy times. I read Sean of the South each morning. It is always heartwarming and a great way to start the day https://seandietrich.com/. I love that you got those two amazing men together for a nice visit. So special for them and all of you who were also there. Beautiful. xo

Jeanette said...

SO nice that you got your dad together with his friend! Nice gift you got too!

Beth Cotell said...

I just love this! I'm sure those two can tell some stories!!!

LL Cool Joe said...

It is lovely to read a positive post and lovely to see your Dad visiting an old friend!

What a great gift too!

Jean said...

I LOVE that you "kids" got your dads together. It feels so sad that most of that generation is leaving us.

Sally said...

So nice that your dad and Harley were able to visit. I can remember my dad and his friend Homer who were in the war together. They had lots of things to talk about when they were still with us. There's nothing better than old friends.

Such a nice gift from your friend. :)

xoxo