Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Day in my Life; January 2023

 It's 2023!  Here's how my first day of the month, and first day of the year went.

It was a Sunday and was a quiet day for us, which was so nice - but doesn't give me lots to share.  :)

Because it was a holiday, we didn't have Sunday School, so we had a quieter morning than most Sunday mornings.

You may remember we had a blizzard over Christmas and got 2 feet of snow.  A few days later we had temps in the 40's and 50's and that snow melted fast.  This is our front yard on New Year's Day; not too much snow left.



It was a foggy morning, this was our view as we drove to church.




We got to church about 9:50.  No one was sitting down yet.  The Christmas decorations were still up.  Church had been cancelled on Christmas day because of the blizzard so we were all happy to see each other again!
We left around noon and headed back home.



Lunch was ready in the crock pot.  I tried a new recipe for crock pot Ziti, and it was good, so I'll share that with you later.



As I said, it was a quiet day.  I spent a little time in the afternoon working on my Sunday School lesson for next week.




I also did a little reading.  A friend from work had passed this book on to me.
I even took a short nap!

We had tuna melts for supper and then watched an episode from the new season of The Chosen.  





Then it was a quiet evening of blogging, checking up on all of you and playing a few computer games. I headed to bed around 11.  It was a very nice start to the year.


20 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday, and very similar to most of our Sundays - church, reading, dinner, relaxing. I think having a relaxing Sunday that is different from other days of the week, makes the other days go much better. So glad your year is off to a good start. See you again soon!

DUTA said...

A nice, pleasant start of the New Year,indeed!
Wishing you constant nice, enjoyable days during 2023!

The Happy Whisk said...

The lasagna looks like so much fun!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It sounds like a lovely day. I especially love the bowl with all the decorative things in it. Where did you get the gorgeous balls?

Donna said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a peaceful Sunday!
hughugs
Donna

roentare said...

You got it all covered - snow, food, book etc

Mari said...

Ginny - I found those birch balls in a little shop in Traverse City that had all kinds of decorative goods.

R's Rue said...

I want crockpot ziti.

Suemn said...

I love snowfalls in late March, early April where I can forget about shoveling and have a good chance of the weather melting the snow. ha!

Barbara said...

The First Phone Call From Heaven -- that sounds interesting. Your crock pot Ziti looks very good, too, and perfect for a winter's meal.

happyone said...

Sounds like a nice Sunday and a nice way to start out the new year.

Terri D said...

The Chosen is so well done. I need to catch up with the new season. Thanks for the reminder! I'm glad the blizzard's snow is nearly gone. Brrrr. I look forward to your crockpot ziti recipe! Hugs! xo

Billie Jo said...

Hello! A lovely start to the new year! I would love the crock pot recipe. I am a huge fan of getting dinner ready earlier in the day. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Is that a new Mitch Albom book? I'll have to see if it's in our library. I've enjoyed his other ones I've read.

Catherine said...

Nice start of the year. Your crock pot is very useful when you come back from church lunch is ready. I love the last picture lovely decoration

Kim said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Mari! Looking forward to that ziti recipe.

Michelle said...

A quiet Sunday, much like this, is one of my most favorite things.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Mari! So nice to be back in blogland. Catching up on your posts. Love seeing how you started your new year. ;) I pray that it's a wonderful one for you and Bob. Filled with good health and lots of joy! xoxo

Jean said...

What?? You didn't have pork and sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for New Years Day?? I guess that's more of a Pennsylvania Dutch thing.

I took a Sunday afternoon nap that day too, which is really rare.

Isn't it crazy how the extreme cold and snow changed so quickly into warm temps??

Jenny the Pirate said...

That does sound like an idyllic day! Amazing how fast that snow melted! xoxo