Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 The recipe I'm sharing today is really a Christmas recipe.  I made it for a family party and I also brought the leftovers to work.  It was a hit at both places. You may not make it now, but save it for next year!



Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

Crust
1 1/4 cup crushed oreo cookies
2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
4 tablespoons melted butter

Cheesecake Filling
16 ounces cream cheese. softened
3/4 cups white sugar
1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoon white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy cane

Topping:
dollop of whipped cream
extra crushed candy cane

Prepare Crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper leaving overhand on 2 sides of pan.  Spray non-parchment lined sides of pan with cooking spray.
Stir together oreo crumbs, sugar and butter.  Press into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Prepare cheesecake filling:
Remove pan from oven and reduce oven temp to 325 degrees.
Melt white chocolate in microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring between those times.  Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and beat until fluffy and smooth. Add sugar and melted white chocolate, beating on low until combined. Beat in whipping cream and peppermint extract.
Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
Stir in candy cane by hand.
Pour over crust and smooth.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Cool to room temperature, then chill for several hours or overnight.

To serve:
Remove bars from pan using parchment paper.
Run knife under hot water and wipe dry.  Cut bars repeating hot water step as needed.
Top each bar with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed candy canes over top.



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh YUM, so festive! And why wait till Christmas to make it?

Connie said...

Oh my goodness I gained weight just looking at these. I wouldn't know how to stop eating them.

Catherine said...

I am sure it must be delicious! Mint and white chocolate must be a good association. I love cheese cakes.

roentare said...

These look scrumptious

Hootin Anni said...

No Oreo cookies for me...maybe graham cracker crust? A great holiday dessert.

Donna said...

Oh my word girlfriend! I just gained five pounds...!!
hughugs
Donna

Donna said...

PS- By the way...Is it me? I can't find how much white chocolate to add? I'll read it again...hugs
Donna

Donna said...

PPS- I'm an idiot...found it! lolol

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh. I want a piece of this cheesecake right now. ha! I will save this recipe and make it in the future.

happyone said...

They sure look good!! May a little too good! :)

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!! Thanks for sharing, Mari. Looks good for Valentine's Day too, I think! Why wait for Christmas?!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I'm a sucker for anything with cheesecake!! Thanks!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! These look so delicious! Thanks for another winning recipe!

Julieann said...

OH wow!!! These look delightful. They remind me of blond brownies with peppermint. They look so good :)

Barbara said...

Every.single.ingredient. in this recipe is delicious, and I could eat the photo, too!

The Happy Whisk said...

Ohhh, my hubby as as sweet tooth and I bet he'd love these.

Patricia said...

I’ve just returned to the blogging world after several years. This recipe looks delicious.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Good grief! These sound totally decadent! I've copied this one! xoxo