Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Christmas Day

 As I mentioned before, Christmas was a little unusual this year because of the blizzard.  Aaron and Laura and girls, along with Andrew, Heather and Cassie were all planning to come and spend Christmas Eve here.  With the Sheriff saying people needed to stay off the roads, along with reports of accidents and cars in ditches, we decided to postpone and they planned to come on Christmas night.

However, on Christmas morning, I got a message from Laura telling me she started feeling sick the night before and on Christmas morning, she tested positive for Covid.  She was feeling pretty awful, and they were obviously all staying home and away from people.

Heather and Andrew decided to still come, so we had a small gathering this year.  We had a nice supper together and enjoyed watching Cassie having fun.

Cassie had just had a birthday, so she was very adept at unwrapping presents, and she helped all of us with ours!


We started by reading the Christmas story.




She thought she was pretty cool in Grandpa's slippers.




She helped her Papa unwrap a present.




and then had such fun trying to crawl into this skinny box.



Hanging out with Grandpa is fun




Helping him open a present




and she had fun playing with new toys.


We had a nice time, but sure did miss the others.
Laura got pretty sick and by Tuesday, Aaron also had it.  They are doing better and so far the girls are clear.  We are praying they don't get it, but we'll see.

I took down all my Christmas decorations and the tree, but there's still a stack of presents, for one last party when they're feeling better!

21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember when our grnddaughter was this age. When we would get her a big present, she always seemed to enjoy the box better! Your Cassie shots are adorable! Hoping the others heal quickly!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I hope that Laura and Aaron are better soon and that the girls don't get Covid. Cute pictures of your Christmas Eve with Cassie. She is so darling. I am glad that you could get together with at least some of your family and have a nice time.

Mandy said...

Cassie is adorable! I sure hope the others recover quickly!

Catherine said...

This covid is very agressive and I know how they must feel! I also was in bed for Xmas. Cassie is so cute with her grandpa she must have enjoyed all her presents!
I wish you and family a very Happy New Year.

Susan said...

Hi Mari, sorry Covid hit your family. My husband and son got it but both tested negative by Christmas Eve and we were able to get around. I am glad Cassie enjoyed it with you. Hopefully everyone will get better soon!

Hootin Anni said...

What a shame with this COVID. Hope they recoup quickly with no serious, lingering, effects!!
Love seeing Cassie!!! (My favorite is of the two of you, reading).

Changes in the wind said...

It is so fun to see the pictures of Cassie, that is such a sweet age. Sorry the others are sick and hope they recover quickly.

DUTA said...

Cassie, definitely 'steals the show'. She's fun to look at and deal with.

happyone said...

Sorry to hear Laura came down with covid. Not a nice Christmas present!!!
Looks like Cassie had a great time. :)

Sandi said...

Melted my heart to see a Cabbage Patch doll! 😍💕

Suemn said...

Cassie is so cute. I love the picture of her playing with her dolls. That darn old covid. It keeps coming.

Jennifer said...

What a cutie...the little ones bring such joy to the holiday!:) Hope everyone is feeling well now - and that you can get in that one last party!:)

R's Rue said...

Hope everyone feels better.

Terri D said...

I am so sorry the storm and covid ruined Christmas for y'all. I know you still enjoyed Cassie and her folks! I can't get over how big she is and is still beyond adorable! The little ones do make Christmas more fun! Sure hope Laura and Aaron are feeling better by now and that the girls didn't get it. I think we are stuck with covid now, just like we are with colds and flu. Thanks for sharing the photos and fun with us! I love your stockings hanging on the wall!! xo

Debi said...

So sorry that your Christmas didn't go off as planned. I'm glad your sick people are healing and that the girls have so far avoided the dreaded COVID. It will be fun to have another Christmas celebration late on. Cassie is just adorable! Happy New Year!

Jean said...

Ugh. COVID still rears its ugly head. Apparently Elizer has been exposed this past weekend, so we're waiting to get him back from Alex till it's been long enough.

Cassie enjoyed being the center of attention, I'm sure! I love the picture of you reading a book to her.

Kim said...

Oh boy, we had to cancel our big family celebration for the same reason. Family friends invited us over instead. It was different, but lovely...tis the season to pivot, I guess. Cassie sure looks like she had fun, having you all to herself! Happy New Year!!

The Happy Whisk said...

Playing in the box, I love it!

Jeanette said...

Oh too bad about them getting sick. Hopefully the girls are still well. Looks like a nice Christmas anyway. We were at my brothers Christmas eve and drove home in a complete white out!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Hope everybody feels better soon and no-one else catches it.
I wonder if Covid is here to stay.😢

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh that darling Cassie! Dagny had some black thermal pajamas that Cassie's remind me of ... she looked so cute in those. Well that was a letdown of course, but the sickness season hit hard here too! I was just so thankful that I waited to get sick until after Christmas! I'm glad everyone is feeling better. xoxo