Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Here's a crockpot pasta I made recently that lets you put it together without boiling the pasta first.  I was skeptical, but it turned out good!  The pasta was perfect, not soggy or chewy.  We both thought it had great flavor, and the leftovers heated well too.
I made only half of this, which was good for just the two of us, and still gave us leftovers.


Crockpot Baked Ziti

2-24 ounce jars of pasta sauce
1 jar water (see below)
15 oz container of ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella
16 oz box of ziti

Mix the pasta sauce and water together.  
In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and egg. 
Pour 1/3 of sauce into crockpot, then sprinkle 1/2 of ziti noodles over top.
Dot 1/2 of ricotta cheese mix over noodles, then sprinkle with 1/2 of parmesan cheese.
Pour another 1/3 of sauce, followed by the rest of the ziti, the rest of the ricotta mix and the parmesan.
Pour the rest of the sauce over all.
Cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 6 hours.
About 10 minutes before serving, spread mozzarella cheese over top and allow to melt.


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks wonderful and gooey!

roentare said...

Looks like a scrumptious meal to have

Hootin Anni said...

Kinda like an easy-peasy lasagna dish!! Yumm

Deb J. in Utah said...

This does look good. It is somewhat like the Million Dollar Spaghetti I made last Sunday. Slow cookers make preparing a meal so much easier. I will keep this recipe in mind and make it sometime soon! Thanks.

Donna said...

Yum! I needed a slow cooker recipe.
Hope you're doing well!
hugs
Donna

Terri D said...

I will be trying this soon! Thanks, Mari!! I enjoy your "food reviews" more than any "book review" that gets posted on Blogger!! Yum!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Sandi said...

I had no idea you could cook pasta in a crockpot!

Billie Jo said...

Yum!!!!!!!!

happyone said...

We make baked ziti often here at our house but I've never made it in a crock pot before.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds right up my alley! Yum!

Jean said...

This sounds great!!!

Susan said...

That pasta sounds really good! What size jar do you get. We like Presto Spaghetti sauce. Would that work? You always have great recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing, I was waiting for this one!

Debby said...

That pair of pants is a crack-up! Looks like a fun time for all.
I love pasta dishes - but too much of it for me makes me gain. Looks like a really good recipe I will have to try. Thanks

Jenny the Pirate said...

Duly copied and I will definitely be trying this! Maybe for TG's birthday coming up! Everybody loves pasta xoxo