Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Cooking Thursday

You've probably heard of Mississippi Roast.  I've shared it here and it's the way I usually make roast now.  So when I saw this recipe, I knew it was one to try.  This one is Mississippi Chicken, made much like the roast. It cooks in the slow cooker, which is always a bonus for me.
The chicken was nice and tender with great flavor, so it'll be made again at our house!


Mississippi Chicken

2 pounds chicken breast or thighs
1 tablespoon of an Au Jus gravy packet
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried onion
3 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced

Place the chicken into crockpot. Season it with the black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and minced onion.
Sprinkle the Au Jus mix and Ranch mix over all.
Add the thinly sliced butter to the tops of the chicken.
Cook on low for about 5-6 hours. If you're home while cooking, flip chicken over about halfway through your cooking time, but if you can't, it'll be fine.
Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.  You can shred it or serve it in chunks.

3 comments:

Connie said...

My mouth is watering :) Listen for me, you might just hear a knock on your door. I'll bring my own fork, LOL.

Miss Merry said...

I love crock pot recipes and this sounds delicious and easy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks wonderful, and so comforting.