Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 This is a dish I took along to our Thanksgiving meal.  It was so easy and very tasty, so I wanted to share it.  I'll also say it's not something I'll make often, because - corn, cream cheese, cream...   it's holiday fare!


(Sorry about the poor picture.  I didn't think to get a good one later!)

Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
32 ounces frozen corn
8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter, cut in slices
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. 
Stir to combine and make sure cream cheese has been melted into sauce.
You can place on warm for an hour or two before serving.

9 comments:

Debby said...

Yum.

Ginny Hartzler said...

YUM!!!

roentare said...

It looks like good winter heartwarming food!

Suemn said...

I love corn and this recipe sounds really good. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for a holiday get-together to make this so there are lots of people to enjoy it:)

Kim said...

Oh boy, corm and cream cheese?? Yum.

Hootin Anni said...

Bud would love this....anything corn!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness this sounds so good!! I may have to make it for our Christmas dinner!! Thanks, Mari!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sounds naughty and delish!! Lol

A Joyful Cottage said...

I bet this was a hit, Mari! Looks yummy. xo