Pages

Monday, December 12, 2022

Christmas at our house

 Today, I thought I would show you some of the things we do to decorate for Christmas at our house.

Starting on our front porch is this porch pot.  You can't see it, but next to the front door I have a few small Christmas trees that are lit every night.





We have this big wooden snowflake on the porch as well.





This is the back entry. I always have a small wreath hanging here, but I found this simple one that has just greenery and some silver bells, so it looks Christmasy!



I like to put little touches throughout the house, and this little tree is in our main bathroom.




On the shelf in the main bathroom is this little tree and sign.





On our dining room table is the tiered tray with ornaments I made using decals a few years ago.





This kissing ball was given to me by a patient several years ago. She has since passed, but I enjoy the memories when I hang this.





Also in the dining room is this skinny little tree with just lights on it. I also put things out on the shelf here.





A favorite thing, between the living and dining room is this card rack.  I love getting cards and each one is a joy to open and read.  Some are from dear blog friends!




These cute mittens were made by Bob's sister.




This is setting out in the living room.  The tiny nativity is a toddler proof set which I made when I was a MOPS leader.



This is a side table in the living room.



This chubby Santa is one Bob carved several years ago.




This is one of my favorite things - a nativity set Laura made when she was still in high school.  There are so many details here.




Shepherds, cows, lambs, donkeys - even chickens are in the set.




We don't have a fireplace, so our stockings hang from a shelf. 




Our living room is not very big, so we chose a skinny tree.



Here's a few special ornaments on it.

A special ornament, made by one of my patients before she developed Alzheimer's, and given to me by her daughter who became a friend during her stay in the facility - and is a friend still, along with other members of the family.  




Another ornament that brings memories.  This was something my SIL was making for a bazaar the day I met her, and we both thought it was not the prettiest.  So of course, she gave me one for Christmas that year - about 43 years ago!




This ornament has my mom's writing on it - it was transferred from a card.  Moms been gone for 19 years, but she sure did love us all!





Last, but not least, some Santa ornaments Bob carved through the years.

Thanks for making it through all these pictures of what things are looking like at our house!


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everything is wonderful, and in the perfect place for what it is. You decorate like me, little touches all around the house. I will be posting mine soon. The porch arrangement is gorgeous, did you make it? And your skinny tree is gorgeous!! It is just as beautiful as a big fat tree. I love how you hung the stockings, and the way the ornaments are displayed, too.

Debby said...

First off - Wow on the carved wood your husband did. That is a gift that is so special. Everything looks so pretty - classy! I remember when skinny trees hadn’t been thought of and we’d take branches off a fake tree so it would fit as flush to the corner wall as possible. I’ve seen several houses that have three skinny trees in different sizes in their window - new trend. The ornament with your mom’s handwriting is touching.

It’s definitely starting to look like Christmas at your house!

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed my visit here tonight! Good idea for your stockings. It all looks so pretty!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Mari- you have lots of very nice things for Christmas decorations- I like the Nativity Scene by Laura and Bob's Santa carving. Stay well there. Regards. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. I just love your Christmas home - so full of love and memories. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful day!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! Is Christmas coming, or What?!!Lolol...
The decorations are awesome!! Love them all... and your Bob has talent!! Look at those Santas! Beautiful...
Have a sweet week friend!
hughugs
Donna

Suemn said...

Gosh but you have a couple of talented artists in your family. Bob's carved Santas are amazing and the nativity set by your daughter is wonderful. I love those skinny Christmas trees don't you? They look so nice and fit in most anywhere. Your house is all dressed up for Christmas now and looks so nice:)

Changes in the wind said...

All your decorations are unique and so special. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

Wow, I absolutely love your taste in decor! What special, special ornaments you have. All beautiful! And the nativity set! What a treasure! I’m so glad you shared these pictures with us.

Pam said...

Simply gorgeous!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Deb said...

Love these pics! The handmade nativity set is amazing. I used to collect nativity sets be got rid of most of them in recent years. The carved Santas are amazing too! Everything looks so nice and festive at your house.

I have some really old and dear ornaments too, including one with my name on it that we made waaaaaaay back when I was in Brownies (younger Girl Scouts). Talk about ancient! lol

happyone said...

So many memories to go along with your beautiful, lovely, and creative decorations and ornaments.

DUTA said...

Thanks for the tour, Mary. Lovely decorated house|
Bob's carvings are the 'raisin on the cake'.

Terri D said...

The very best parts of this season are the memories of loved ones and handmade decorations that we cherish from year-to-year. Your Bob is so talented. Thanks for sharing your lovely home and decorations with us!

Debi said...

Loved seeing all of your decorations, they are beautiful. Bob is a very talented woodcarver. I love his Santas!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love seeing your decor every year! So pretty. I love your new front porch area and what you've done there. Bob is so talented! He should have an Etsy shop! 😃 I have the same mistletoe ornament and put it at Matt's house. 😉

Catherine said...

Ver nice decorations and I love the Santas Bob carved!
You are lucky to have a front porch it must be nice to decorate the outside as well.

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

Wow! Mari you have such beautiful and meaningful decorations. The one with your Moms writing really floored me. I would love to do something like that. I’m sure your Mom was a great lady. Would love to hear more about her one day. Bobs carvings are spectacular. You are one talented family!

Kim said...

Those carved Santas are really outstanding. He's very talented.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh how I love seeing your decorations and ornaments every year! Especially the "ugly" one made by your SIL, which I actually like, haha! I especially love the memories associated with each object. Your skinny trees are so gorgeous and every detail is beautiful. I wish you and Bon and Aaron and Laura and Alaina and Ruby and Andrew and Heather and Cassie and Andy and Nikki and Oliver and your dad and Ann, and Cheri and Terri and their families, and anyone I have forgotten or whose names I do not know, the merriest Christmas ever! xoxo

Jean said...

Everything is so beautiful, Mari! I just love your house.