Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Six Little Stories

A little village had been suffering a drought. The villagers decided to gather for prayer.  On the day of the gathering, all the villagers came, but only one small boy brought his umbrella.
That is faith.


When you throw babies in the air, they laugh, knowing you will catch them.
That is trust.


Every night we go to bed with no assurance of waking the next day, but yet we set our alarms.
That is hope.


We plan for tomorrow, without knowledge of the future.
That is confidence.


We see the world suffering, but we marry and have children.
That is love.


An old man was wearing a shirt with this written on it - "I am not 80 years old, I'm sweet 16 with 64 years of experience!"
That is attitude.


Have a good day and always try to keep all six of these things in your life!

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

Oh Mari I am feeling everyone of my 65 years this week.lol I took it in stride as a young nana of 52 when Kendall arrived. The old nana is finding out she has to pace herself.

Susan said...

I enjoyed that list. I needed to read that today. Thank you!

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent words to remind us each day what our lives hold for the future...have faith in all six above!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoyed the list and they are so true. As I age, I realize them even more. Have a blessed day.

Linda said...

Excellent post, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

Sally said...

These are great, Mari. I need to read this over and over.

Faith is powerful!

xoxo

Henny Penny said...

I sure enjoyed reading this, and will read it again today. You always have such good posts. Thank you!

LL Cool Joe said...

Lovely words to remember! We all need a bit of attitude. :D

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Could not adore this more Mari!! Thanks for sharing 🙏

Terri D said...

Excellent!!

Laurel Wood said...

This is wonderful!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Excellent! And let me add: refuse to be manipulated by the media. Don't live in fear. xoxo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

This is so good. Thanks for sharing.