Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2020

July Flowers

Here's a little peek into our back yard and what's blooming right now.


 Spirea bush



 This is a surprise lily.  We ordered something called carpet lilies, that were supposed to be 6 inches tall.  Imagine our surprise when they turned out to be 2 feet, with huge flowers!  But we still like them!



 Oak Leaf Hydrangea



 This is a butterfly weed, with a bonus butterfly to show that they really do attract them!




 A peek at the backyard from Bob's shop.



 The coneflowers are just starting to bloom.



 Our climbing rose is full of blooms.



 The side yard



Coral Bells


Have I mentioned that I love summer and all the different flowers?

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful! I love flowers and you are quite the photographer! Have a good week.

Laurel Wood said...

I have always loved your yard. These are awesome photos. I have only seen the orange butterfly weed. The yellow is so pretty. Another blogger posted pink butterfly weed.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love seeing you beautiful yard full of flowers!

Laura said...

It all looks so beautiful! Its so fun to watch all the different things grow and bloom.

Linda said...

Beautiful!!! I would love to visit your backyard, smiles.

Changes in the wind said...

So pretty, it is too hot here for anything to bloom but come Sept we will see a few things be fooled and give us a little show. Love that side gate.

Sally said...

Glorious flowers, Mari. All so beautiful, and your yard also!

I need to take a walk around here, and see what I can find to show you. Not nearly as much or beautiful though.

xoxo

Terri D said...

Your yard is so beautiful!!

Debi said...

You have so many beautiful flowers! I'm green with envy...

Sylvia said...

I love your garden Mari

LL Cool Joe said...

Does Bob have a shop in your garden? Beautiful shots, as always.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So beautiful! Flowers speak to my soul as well. You could make a lovely album, or book, just with the photos of your flowers and gardens. 💜

Jenny the Pirate said...

My beloved coneflowers! If I had a view like that out from the shop, I'd spend all my time in the shop. Just saying. xoxo

Jean said...

I love that surprise lily! Such a great shot of the butterfly! Your hosta are still looking so nice. Ours were getting old and wilted-looking, so Dick cut them off this evening. We're hoping they'll come back for another round yet this season.