Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

A Day in my Life - June

Here's how the first day of the month went for me.  It was very different from my usual day as I was leaving on a get away with my 2 sisters.

I was up at 3:15 and ready to go at 4am.  Mark and Cheri picked me up, then we left to pick up Terri.  We were at her house at 4:25 and then drove to the airport.  At 5am, Mark dropped us of and we went through the process of security, finding our gate, and then waiting.

The Grand Rapids Airport is pretty empty at 5 in the morning.


Our plane left Grand Rapids at 7:20 and landed in Dallas about 3 hours later.  It was a smooth, uneventful ride.


 We were in Dallas for nearly 3 hours.  It's a very busy airport, planes were constantly coming and going.



We left Dallas about 12:45 on a fairly small plane.  It was only a 40 minute flight.  We noticed that there were some pretty big guys on the plane but didn't think much of it until we landed at Waco.


We landed in this little airport and saw people getting pictures and autographs from people who had been on the flight with us.  We then found out that a bunch of these people were there for a WWE Exhibition.  None of us pay attention to that so we were oblivious.  :)

We picked up our rental car and stepped outside into the Texas heat.

It was a little warmer than Michigan!

We found our hotel and checked in, then drove for a quick look at Magnolia Market.


 We parked and walked in to see the famous Silos.




We did a quick walk through the Market.


 and then stood in line for about 15 minutes to get in to the bakery. We had heard the line could be 2 hours, so we were happy with that wait.


Everything was decorated so nicely, including this cute sign.


 We went to Vitek's for supper, after having it recommended as one of the best places in the area for Texas BBQ.  We weren't disappointed, it was so good!


Then we headed back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation.

We ended the day with one of the world famous Magnolia Bakery cupcakes.
We had a fun day, but were tired from the traveling, so didn't stay up too late.  We had more fun planned for the next day!

17 comments:

Terri D said...

I sure hope day 2 of the trip will be in your next post!! I followed on FB but can't wait to hear more about your amazing sister trip!

Mary said...

I’ve been looking forward to reading your report from the trip.

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Oh, Mari...what a wonderful trip! It is always fun getting to explore new places... The market you visited looks lovely! Happy June to you!

Joyful said...

It looks very nice there in Magnolia :-)

Laurel Wood said...

Sounds like a delightful but busy day. I look forward to reading more about your trip.

Dianna said...

Oh...I've been waiting for these posts. :) I've been to the Dallas airport before but it has been several years ago now and it was crazy busy then, too. I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Linda said...

Oh I am so jealous, smiles. Can't wait to hear more, smiles.

Arlene G said...

We are planning a trip to Pawhuska Ok to see Ree Drummond's place. Magnolia is also on my bucket list so I am looking forward to your review.

Doris said...

What a FUN first day that was! Just a bit jealous about where you were though =)

Jenny said...

Ugh! Getting up at stupid o'clock! Flying! Texas heat! Haaaahahaa Negative Nellie over here ... but wait! CUPCAKES!!! Love it! xoxo

Kim said...

You're the first person I know that actually got a cupcake!! Everyone else said the line was way too long and they didn't want to wait hours. I bet it was delicious! :)

Justabeachkat said...

Surprise! I've decided to visit blogs this afternoon. Gosh, I forgot how nice it is. So glad you're still here.

Hugs,
Kat

Hootin Anni said...

How exciting for you all! I anxiously wait for more

Betsy Brock said...

As soon as you said Waco, I knew where you were going!

Henny Penny said...

Sounds like your first day was fun. Bet you all were tired. That's so funny about all the big guys on the plane. Wonder if it hurt their ego that you three didn't even notice them. :)

Debi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh did you see Chip and Joanna?? My older daughter always calls them Chip and Dale.