Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is one of the meals I made when I did some turkey freezer meals a few weeks ago.  This one is different from many turkey meals, because it has curry in it.  I love curry, Bob isn't so much but he liked this one. I loved it!  Of course, you can make this with chicken instead of turkey.  The recipe called for crushed potato chips on the top which I did, but I didn't really think it added anything, so next time I've skipping them.


Curry Turkey Noodle Casserole
12 ounces egg noodles - cooked as directed on package
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
3 1/2 cups cold milk
1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper

1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups cooked, cubed turkey (or chicken)
crushed potato chips (Optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until mixture is light golden, about 3 minutes. 
Pour milk into butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions,  curry powder, and dried tarragon. Bring mixture to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. 
Stir in pepperjack cheese until cheese is melted and incorporated. 
Stir pepperjack cheese mixture, turkey meat, and noodles in a large bowl until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish, or 2 8x8 pans. Sprinkle chips on top, pressing down slightly with the tines of a fork. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
If you want to freeze this meal you can do that after it's assembled.  Remove from freezer the day before you want to serve it and keep in the refrigerator.  Then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

6 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks and sounds different but good. I love pepperjack cheese so know I would like this one.

Arlene G said...

A good way to use up extra turkey!! Dianna had a good chicken recipe that you could probably substitute turkey for....I am going to try it.

Changes in the wind said...

Like your hubby I do not like curry and am not a big fan of pepper jack cheese so guess this one is not for me:)

Terri D said...

This really sounds good. I do like curry and a little spice! Thanks, Mari!

Dianna said...

Oh my, this does sound delicious. I'll let you know how it goes when I make it. :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This looks and sounds really yummy Mari! I love curry. ;) MMmmmm xoxo