Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

A "new" playhouse

When our kids were little, Bob built them a playhouse.  It had a front and two sides that were hinged, so it could open out into a corner, giving them lots of room to play.  It's been up in the rafters of the garage for years now.  About a month ago, Alaina spotted the front of it and asked about it.  She thought it should come down so they could play in it.  I mentioned it to Bob, and being the good Grandpa that he is, he got it down.  It was looking pretty sad and dirty, so he took it to his shop, cleaned it and repainted it all.  Then he set it up in the spare room downstairs which had only been housing our treadmill.


Last weekend when the girls were over, they were so excited to see it!



They wasted no time in getting inside and checking it out.


Bob put an old end table inside, with a lamp and a few chairs.



Happy Girls!  They were ready to play in it early the next morning.
Do you see the window boxes on each side?  We picked up some new artificial flowers to put in them the next time they come over.  I also got some cute kitchen type toys for them to keep in it.
It's so fun to see them playing in something their mom used to play in.

16 comments:

Mary said...

They look as pleased as punch. That is so nice. When my Annie was little, I was given the dollhouse my grandpa had made for his daughters, that I had loved playing with when we would visit the farm on holidays and in summer. It was wonderful watching her and reliving treasured memories

LL Cool Joe said...

Your Granddaughters are so lucky, you give them such special things. How lovely.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh ... the photos are darling, but when you mentioned that their mom used to play in it...that tugged my heart strings!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love the play house and I know the girls love it. Great memories for you and making new ones now. Happy Tuesday.

Jean said...

That is adorable! I’ve never seen a playhouse like that. How nice that you have a spare room to put it in!

Arlene G said...

Oh what a fun surprise for the sweet grand girls. I am sure it will bring hours of enjoyment to them Mari.

Changes in the wind said...

That is so cool....I love it!

Terri D said...

I bet their mom loved seeing them play in "her" playhouse, too! Those girls are so cute and so very precious! What a great idea to build the playhouse like that so it folds flat for storage and then can be moved anywhere! Awesome... Bob is so talented and creative!

Dianna said...

I love this, Mari! Bob is such a good Grandpa! I can just imagine the excitement of two little girls when they came over and saw it set up for them to enjoy!

Kim said...

That is the sweetest story and the most creative house I've ever seen. What a fabulous idea...and a dutch door? I'm drooling... ;)

Michelle said...

Be still my heart! What a perfect play spot for those girls!

Debi said...

What an adorable little house! Perfect for your little girls!

Sue said...

Now, that's two wonderful grandparents! I so enjoyed reading this, aren't grandchildren one of the best gifts from our heavenly Father.
This playhouse is so adorable, I know the grand girls will have many hours of enjoyment playing and making memories.
This post really makes me smile. Thank you for your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue

Henny Penny said...

That is such a cool playhouse! You two are the best grandparents! I grew up wishing for a playhouse.

Cherdecor said...

Thank goodness for Alaina's keen eye! It is all about timing and it must be the right time. They will have a great time in this cute playhouse till summer gets here. There is always something new and exciting at Grandma's house!

Jenny said...

Oh my, I would've been living in there if I'd had something like this when I was a kid. Nothing made me happier than playing house. This is wonderful. I'm so glad Alaina saw it in the attic. I can't help thinking what a kick Dagny would get out of something like this! xoxo