Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I did on Thanksgiving Day.  We had a lot of people and one turkey wouldn't have been enough, so Cheri did a turkey and I did a few turkey breasts to go with it.  I found a recipe that promised flavorful moist meat, and it really was.  I did it in the crock pot to keep the oven open for other things.  It was so easy and was really good!
I actually have another turkey breast in the freezer that Bob brought home from work, so I'll be using this recipe again in the not too distant future!

(not my photo - I forgot to take one!)


Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
1 boneless turkey breast, 2-3 pounds
6 tablespoons butter, 
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt butter, stir in remaining ingredients.
Pour mixture into large crock pot, add turkey, flipping it to cover with butter mix.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours, occasionally basting with butter mix.
Remove from crock pot 15 minutes before slicing.
You can also cook this in the oven.
Place turkey on shallow rack in roasting pan.  Pour butter mix over top.  
Bake at 325 degrees for 2 - 21/2 hours, until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.  Baste turkey occasionally with butter mix.  Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.

8 comments:

Doris said...

Sounds so good! And easy :)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

My old blog, Becausehelives, has been deleted and I have a new one, Ramblings of a Retired Lady. Am hoping you will follow me there.

Changes in the wind said...

Wow that would be great!

Sally said...

Oh, goodness this makes me want turkey. Seeing as how we didn't have one for Thanksgiving, I kidded my sis-in-law about her ham instead. :)

Phoebes World said...

Sounds great!... Adding to my recipe box
Thank you Mari
Phoebe x

Terri D said...

I love how tender and moist the crockpot makes turkey!! Thanks for this recipe Mari!

Jenny said...

Sounds heavenly! I may do this with my turkey at Christmas. So festive. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Jean said...

I never have enough turkey left over to make something like this. But what a great idea! I'm going to buy a some turkey breast just for this.