Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

It's done!

I've mentioned a few times that we (really Bob) have been working on remodeling our bathroom.  It's all done and I have a few before, during and after pictures to share with you.
I'm lucky to have a husband who is able to do all the work for these kind of projects.  I get to come up with ideas and he carries them out!


Here's the before; blue walls, old cabinet, a tub and shower surround that was showing it's age, dated flooring and a bulkhead over the sink.



Bob went to work, starting with taking out that bulkhead.



Then he went to work in his shop and started building a new cabinet.



Then the messy work started; tearing out the tub and shower surround.
Soon the cabinet, sink, toilet and flooring were removed.
After some things were replaced he added wainscoting to the walls and a paint job.


Here's the finished product:




 The new cabinet



A nice big sink



The lights hanging over the sink



A new tub and subway tile!



I love the new floor.



Looking towards the door.  Bob framed in the mirror, the windows, the doors and put trimmed out the top of the wainscoting.



 This towel hook is actually a receipt holder that I found in a shop in Shipshewana.  It was made in 1872.  Bob cut off the sharp part and curved it so we could hang a towel on it when showering.



 These shelves over the toilet hold some of my favorite things.  I love old things and the bottles are some I've collected.  Several came from Betsy at My Five Men's Etsy shop.

The old medical supplies came from my cousins daughter who lives in Iowa.  She came across them in an old building she was cleaning out and knew I would like them - and I do!  They fit perfectly on that shelf.

It's so nice to have it done and I'm so thankful to have a husband that can do all this!

29 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It looks so very good and you made wise choices. You have a very talented hubby there my friend.

Mary said...

Oh that's lovely, Mari! I love all the details, you have a great eye and a talented husband. And the floor as well is that ash wood flooring?

Mari said...

Mary - the flooring is a type of laminate made for bathrooms that is water resistant.

Arlene G said...

It is beautiful. Love the colors and how clean and pretty it looks. My neighbors used that same flooring and I love it.

Sally said...

Beautiful! I love everything about it, Mari and Bob!

The flooring; I know you said for bathrooms, but I would love something that looks like that in my bedroom! :)

xoxo

Joyful said...

I love the new neutral coloured bathroom!

LL Cool Joe said...

I love it and all the small details. You are very lucky to have a husband that does so much, but also does it so well too! I bet you are enjoying using it now. Can Bob fly over to the UK now and do ours please?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari, I absolutely love your bath. Bob did a great job on that cabinet and your choice of sink, tile and flooring are perfect. The shelves holding your collections are such a nice touch.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....what a do-over. He really did a fine job. I love the idea of turning the receipt 'hook' into the towel holder. And the flooring...this is just what I want in our kitchen. The exact style and texture. Awesome work Bob!!!

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! I LOVE everything about this bathroom!! Is he available to come to North Carolina and do mine????

Linda said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH squealing in delight...I just love it, great job, Bob!!!! Smiles

Carol said...

Wow! This is lovely. Well done - great job.. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is one redo! It is gorgeous! I love absolutely everything about it! Great job Bob!

Robert said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a labor of love.

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my! It looks beautiful...love the colors and all the décor. Hubby did a great job.

Jennifer Hays said...

I love it! The wainscoting and framing all look terrific and I really enjoyed seeing your collection of bottles and medical items. There is a lot of both of you in this makeover.

Sylvia said...

Oh wow, what a transformation! The colour scheme is so fresh and modern. Love it. Well done you Bob and love all the bits and pieces you've found Mari.

Terri D said...

Mari, it looks like it came from a make-over on HGTV!! Wow!! Your Bob is a keeper indeed!! The bathroom looks amazing and I love the old bottles and medical supplies! Congratulations on a job well done!

Heather said...

It looks amazing! I love it!

Saleslady371 said...

Beautiful renovation. Bob's work is excellent. Love that shower hook!

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! The colors and materials you used are so 'on trend' right now. The gray, the subway tile...LOVE!! You are really blessed to have a guy who can not only get the new bathroom together, but can construct a new cabinet too???

Enjoy!
Ceil

Doris said...

It looks amazing!! I have that kind of hubby too....although he doesn't usually do cabinets.

Nancy said...

Looks fantastic!! Bob is very talented..

sharon said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Betsy Brock said...

That looks so great! And I recognize some of those bottles!
How fun! Our bathroom renovations start in January. I cannot wait!

Cherdecor said...

I love everything in this room. I love the shower curtain. I like anything with fine lines. I especially like the color of gray paint you used. What color is it and is it SW? I have been holding off on redecorating our bathroom because I could not decide on the color of paint, but I like the color you chose. I want Alan to put up some wainscoting on a wall in our bath. I think it looks so clean. Bob did a great job! I like all your design work as well.

Laura said...

It turned out so beautiful - I love it so much!!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That is a lot of work to remodel a bathroom, how amazing that your husband did so much work himself! What a blessing! I love the colors you chose, the flooring is gorgeous, and the subway tile in the bathtub is wonderful. Love your bathroom sign, and the repurposed ticket holder into a towel holder! How wonderful to have that project checked off the list :)

Jenny said...

GIRL! That is just absolutely amazing and fantastic! What a vision you had, and how wonderful that Bob can do all of that! I love the colors and the "feel" of the room. Just modern enough and just antique enough, and so comforting~! I have a bunch of old bottles just like those. I love to just look at them. So wow -- aren't you something? I'm so happy for you that the reno is done! xoxo