Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

A day in my life - October!

It's October!  Here's how I started the month.

 It's Sunday morning and I'm not working!  Our daughter Heather and her husband Andrew were in St Louis while he attended a seminar for work.  Their cat Oliver stayed with us.  Here he is greeting me in the morning.



Our church has been meeting in a school.  Last year we built this; office's and classrooms.  Bob and I were here shortly before 9 for Sunday School.



 One of the guys from our church drove this cool old truck to Sunday school.  Isn't it a beauty?




One of the women at our church painted this pretty welcome sign for us.





Sunday School was done shortly after 10, and we drove a few minutes to go to the school auditorium where we are meeting for worship.


We had a great church service, and took part in world wide communion day.  Our service finished around noon and we went home and had lunch, then had a relaxing afternoon.


One thing I did was to work on the bible study I am currently doing with our Tuesday night group at church.  Numbers isn't thought of as a very interesting book, but we are really enjoying this study!


We ended the day by having our small group from church at our house.  We had supper together and then enjoyed some great discussion and lots of laughs!
It was a good start to the month.

16 comments:

Sally said...

I'd say you had a nice October 1st!

Always enjoy your first day of the month. :)

xoxo

Karen said...

Happy October! It looks like you're off to a good start.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice truck for a Sunday drive to church. How nice for your friends to visit with you. This is such a wonderful time of year to be out and about. I always love to see Oliver!

Arlene G said...

Your small group looks like a happy bunch Mari!! I think our church is leaning toward starting small groups in the future. It is a good way for people to become more like family.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a great day! I always enjoy your day in the life and always tell my self I need to do that. One of these days....

Phoebes World said...

A wonderful way to start the month...feeding the soul as well as your tummies.
Love the truck... im just an old fashioned girl
Have a great day Mari
Blessings
Phoebe x

Heather said...

I love that truck! So cool. Thanks for watching Oliver. He loves spending time at your house. Looks like your small group has a lot of fun!

Doris said...

You have the perfect space for a small group....love your first day posts!

Terri D said...

I think you started the month out perfectly!! I'm looking forward to joining a Bible study here in our new community. Hoping it will start soon.

Linda said...

Awesome....what a great way to start the month, smiles.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Mari! Doing some blog catch up. Love the bridge shots in the last post. Those granddaughters of yours are just the cutest ever!

Love that we got to see what your life is like on a Sunday. ;) Love the info about your church and the bible study.

Hope you have a blessed rest of the week Hon! xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the fact that the lady in blue is thinking, "forget the photo I'm hungry I want to eat this delicious plate of food!" Ha.

Love the truck btw.

Cherdecor said...

So, Oliver got to spend the weekend with the grandparents. I bet he was happy to have you all to himself. Your small group looks like a lot of fun.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a full and wonderful day, Mari! ❤️

Jean said...

Sounds like a good Sunday and certainly a good start to the month. I agree with Cheryl - your small group looks a lot of fun! Love your living room.

Jenny said...

What a lovely and less-busy day for you to spend on the first of this loveliest of months! xoxo