Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cooking Thursday

I went to a Christmas party last week where we all brought desserts to share. I had to get the recipe of the one I tasted, because it was so good! It also looked so festive, perfect for a Christmas gathering.
When I asked for the recipe, the person who brought it said she got it from tv.  It was originally from Sandra Lee.  The recipe says they are bars, but I think anything with 4 packages of cream cheese, counts as dessert!


Cream Cheese and Cranberry Bars

21⁄2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1 package (12-ounce) white chocolate chips
11/2 cups dried cranberries (Craisins)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. In a very large bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Pour half of the white chocolate chips and half of the dried cranberries into batter. Combine. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips and remaining dried cranberries over batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are set but center still jiggles slightly. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.

Drizzle
4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 tablespoons milk

For cheesecake icing, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Add 3 tablespoons milk and stir to thoroughly combine. Add milk as needed to get desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bars. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.


 

10 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my, does that sound and look good! Thanks for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

It does look mighty festive for the season. And oh so tasty. Wow...rich as you say, it has to be dessert. The bar, plus a tall glass of cold milk would make my day.

Linda said...

Oh my!!! DOUBLE YUM! I will have to try this..have a blessed day!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, now I'm hungry! Lol!

Unknown said...

I am with 'Simply Linda'...I gotta try this one too.

Jennifer Hays said...

They sound delicious! I always have Craisins around, I should give these a try.

Pat said...

I love Craisins in anything but this looks really good. I'm going to try it!

Jenny said...

COPIED .... what a winner. Thanks again, Mari. My family will love this one! I'm thinking Christmas Eve ...

LL Cool Joe said...

They look very good and so professional.

Just A Southern Girl said...

I admit to lusting after all the luscious desserts floating around the internet that include either cranberries or pumpkin. Although Argentina grows cranberries, they are ALL exported. We have never EVER seen them available here (and that's why I bring back canned cranberry sauce from the U.S., for our Thanksgiving celebrations). We do have pumpkin, but it's a different variety and not really interchangable -- at least in my experience. So I'll just have to live vicariously through y'all :)