Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Blogging friends



Have you had the chance to meet some of your blog friends in person?  I've had the chance to do that quite a few times, and this past week I got to meet another friend!
This is my friend Kim and her husband Ivan.  Her blog is Just a Southern Girl, and if you visit her there, you'll hear about her life in Argentina.  Ivan and Kim are missionaries there, but are here in the United States on furlough until October.  I was really happy to get a note from her that they would be in my area and would be able to meet for coffee.
Kim and Ivan were both as nice in person as I expected from reading the blog.  We caught up on life here and in Argentina, kids, grandkids (they are expecting their first in a few months), home projects and even quilting - which she has a real talent for!
We had such fun talking that time got away from me, and it was time to go. I know that when they come to the States, their schedule is really full and I really appreciate them taking time out to meet me. 

21 comments:

sara said...

so fun!!!! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!! Now maybe someday WE can meet! :)

Nancy said...

That is just wonderful...So glad you got to meet her and her hubby....Putting a face with a blog is so much fun.....

Connie said...

What fun!

Terra said...

What fun to meet them in person, and I admire them for being missionaries.

Brenda said...

What a blessing! Susan has been my only IRL so far, though another friend is up by my daughter. We just haven't been able to connect.

Terri D said...

It is such a blessing to meet our blogging friends in person. I know I have never been disappointed, and you can check out the tab on my page "Blogging Friends I Have Met In Person". I will go to Kim's page, and thank you for the link! It is always great to meet new people and make new friends! A blessing, indeed!

Hootin Anni said...

How wonderful that you got to meet them!! Yes, I too have had the opportunity to meet several online friends and it's always a pleasure to actually see them in real time.

Another quilter? Pshaw!!! I certainly think highly of those talents 'cause I'm learning there is more to just sewing pieces together to make them come out right. LOL More power to her.

Linda said...

What fun! I met Sparky (my thoughts exactly-aka red bird acres)she and her husband came over to Alabama a few yrs ago. What nice people! We have remained in touch. Blessings

Unknown said...

How nice that you got to meet your blog friends. It seems like we have known them forever, doesnt it? I have met 2 of mine and they are still dear friends, maybe even more so!

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to meet one of the friends in blogland.
I got to meet with Susan in Tulsa and she is a real sweet person,
Like you we had lots of coffee and time just flew bye. I hope to meet her again as well as others.
Hugs

Kari said...

that's so neat that you got to meet them in person.
hugs..

Jennifer Hays said...

That sounds like so much fun. They seem like very nice people and I'm glad you had the chance to meet!

Susan said...

How wonderful. One of the real joys of blogging in my book!!!!

Brooke said...

meeting online friends is so fun! :)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to be able to spend time together. Thanks for the link to the blog.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I do love meeting blogging friends. It's like we've known each other all along.

Jenny said...

What a treat -- both for you and for them!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

How fun! I've been to a couple of blogging conferences and have met some folks through those in person. Alw ays a treat.

Kim said...

It was such a treat to meet you in person, Mari! When I started blogging I never expected to gain such a treasure trove of friendships. I didn't really think anyone but my family would read it :)

Jean said...

That is great! I've met quite a few of my blog friends in person too. One of these times it might be you!

LL Cool Joe said...

How nice to meet some of your blogging buddies. :)