Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Some of my favorites

Some of you know I have a photo blog where the goal is to take a picture a day. I thought I would share a few of my favorites from the last few weeks.



I bought a bouquet of tulips to add some spring cheer to my kitchen table. Aren't they pretty?

.



Andy wore his dress uniform to church last Sunday and I took this picture to show his badges and ribbons. Both the gold button and the wings show that he is in the aviation field. He has 6 ribbons to show different things he has been involved in: Korean defense, National defense, global war on terror, overseas service, army service and the army achievement medal. The badge below the ribbons is a sharpshooter, marksmanship medal. I've had no family members in the military before this and find all the different medals interesting.


.



This is a dried flower on our hydrangea tree. It hung on all winter and I thought it looked pretty even though it's dry and has lost it's color.


.



I went for a walk as the sun was getting low in the sky. It made this rusty old fence almost glow!


.



This is one of my favorite pictures. This is the hand of one of my residents. Anyone who works there would know who this is because she is always reading her Bible. I think this must have been a long time practice because even now with some dementia present, she loves to read it. Don't you think that old hand on her Bible is beautiful?



post signature

24 comments:

Mari said...

Love these photos! Tulips are my favorite flower. Love the picture of the lady reading the bible...that is precious.

Mary said...

Mari,

You have some wonderful photos here. I didn't realize you had a photo blog. I'm going to have to explore it.

Love all the photos. The fence does seem to have a glow and the dried hydrangea is lovely, even though it is dry.

My favorite is that old hand upon the Bible. That is a winner and sooo beautiful. Give that lady a hug for me.

Michelle is recuperating nicely from her surgery. She usually takes the boys to the Rock & Gem Show the first weekend in April, so I took them for her. Have photos posted.

Have a great week, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Love the hand and Bible, goes great with Nancy's two ladies sitting in the hall way, on the lap of the one in the wheelchair. Precious!! Andy's
Medals are priceless:) Good job.

Kayren said...

I am touched beyond words by the sweet lady's hand on her Bible.

Groomer Angie said...

I love the one of the hand on the Bible, it reminds me of my Grandmother! And those badges are pretty neat too!

Angie

A Stone Gatherer said...

All those pictures are so beautiful Mari! You have quite an eye! The fence one is really cool, but your right that last one is so precious!

Unknown said...

You do have a good eye for beauty, they all are great!!!

Kim said...

I didn't realize you had a separate photo blog! These pictures are so lovely, especially the one of the hand on the Bible. My FIL who is in the last stages of Alzheimer's is most comfortable reading his Spanish Bible. All those years of serving in Argentina left their mark! And I find it so interesting that even when he's very weak physically, when he reads the Bible out loud, it comes out STRONG. God is so good!

Bonnie said...

I love the rusty old fence !! I really really love how your photography is developing with this 365 project !!!

Diane said...

These are all beautiful pictures! You really do have quite an eye for photography and I enjoy seeing God's beauty through your camera lens! :) Keep 'em comin'!

Raise Them Up said...

I love this sweet lady's hand, too. It's funny how such a picture speaks volumes about a heart. Thanks for sharing it!

septembermom said...

Wonderful pictures. I think my favorite is that dear woman's hand on the Bible. Terrific subjects for photos:)

Renee said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love your last picture. Her hand on the Bible is very touching.

Pat said...

Wow, every one is so amazing. It would be hard to pick a favorite because each subject is different. I think the one that moves me a lot is of the one of your son's medals. There is a great price to be paid for the privledge of earning those awards, some times the ultimate price. Yes, I think for today, that is my favorite. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the glowing fence picture!!! beautiful.

Penny said...

That last picture is just powerful. Beautiful, Mari.

All My Blessings said...

The chest of a young man shining with courage is my favorite...Kae

Sandra said...

Beautiful Mari and my favorites are the dress uniform and the hands...

Rebekah said...

Those are wonderful pictures. I love the fence and the Ladys hand on the bible.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GREAT pictures!
I love the one of the resident with teh BIBLE and the fenceline in particular. I also love the dried hydrengia!

Lara said...

I love your photos Mari. I love the fence and the lady's hand on the Bible.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Oh Mari, your photos are awesome but the elderly woman with her Bible is priceless! Thank you for sharing!

Lynn said...

All beautiful photos, but the one of the resident with her hand on her Bible really touched me. What a blessing to have the treasure of God's word.