Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday



It's Thursday and time for another slow cooker recipe. This recipe is kind of a mix between chili and tacos, and it's kid friendly!


Chalupa

3 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 boneless pork roast (approx 1 and 1/2 pounds)
1 can pinto beans
1 package corn chips
shredded lettuce
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped tomatoes
salsa
sour cream

In 5 to 6 quart slow cooker; combine water, onion, chilies, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin. oregano and roast. Cook on low 10 hours or until roast is very tender.
Remove roast and cooking liquid and set aside. Shred roast with a fork and return to slow cooker. Stir in pinto beans and enough cooking liquid to keep everything moist. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Spoon meat mixture over corn chips and top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes salsa and sour cream.

For more slow cooking recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


post signature

22 comments:

Kim said...

Just yesterday I was telling my co-worker about your Thursday crockpot posts :-) Love to get new recipes for the crockpot. Now that it's getting cooler here, she and I are thinking of crockpot stews and other one-dish meals. Yum! Thanks for sharing each week.

Rmomof3 said...

Yum! I will have to try this!

Rmomof3 said...

And.......the kid friendly part - I like - A LOT! ;-)

The Stylish House said...

Mari,
I will definitely make this. I use my Crockpot often so appreciate good recipes. Also when you get time please stop by my blog and look at the post “Twice As Nice”. The reason is I am giving you the Attitude of Gratitude Award. I have enjoyed your blog and loved your post about your job so wanted to include you. ~Cathy~

Justabeachkat said...

Yum! This sounds delish to me.

Hugs!
Kat

A Stone Gatherer said...

Kid friendly? Have you met my kid?!! Otherwise it sounds tasty!

Rebekah said...

Alright- I have two of your recipes waiting to be tested. Now I guess I will have to print this one off too and add it to my pile.

My crock pot finally kicked the bucket and I have to get me a new one

Perri said...

Printing this off to make for the weekend. Thanks. sounds like something everyone will eat.

Anonymous said...

looks good!!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Another wonderful crock pot recipe! I have some catching up to do :)

A wonderful day to you Mari

Hugs,
Kathi :)

Kristie said...

Lovin' the crockpot meals since I have not felt like cooking. Sounds good!

Cheri said...

Ooh- this one sounds really good.
I think it's going on my list for next week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds sound good! I always tell you to enjoy the pork for me, too!

Hey, do you have a crock pot cookbook that you like? My mom has gotten into using a crock pot for the first time in her life and I'd like to find a good (easy) cookbook for her for mother's day.

Cherdecor said...

I will have to copy this one for sure. I LOVE the name of it!

Pat said...

This is a new and great sounding recipe. I'm anxious to give it a try. I'm sure the kid in me will love it!

Renee said...

This sounds great! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Aisling said...

I have a 14 year old boy who craves spicy foods, so I'm always looking for new recipes. This looks like a good one.

Growin' With It said...

isn't there a phrase somewhere...holy chalupa? well after seeing these nummy ingredients i can see why!

Melissa said...

This looks like just the kind of recipe that my family would enjoy. Thanks!

Blessed Beyond said...

This sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs and Blessings,

Heather C said...

This looks fantastic!

Kayren said...

Somehow I missed this on Thursday. It looks yummy. I think I might be able to slip in a new recipe with my kids with this one. Thanks again for sharing the crock pot size.