Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday



The recipe I have for you today is one I found about a month ago on Slow Cooking Thursday and it was posted by Melody of Pennies in my Pocket. I made it for supper tonight and it was delicious! We had Bob's mom and step dad over and they really liked it too. I thought I would share it because I'm sure some of my readers didn't see it on Melody's blog and it's so good it should be shared! Thanks Melody!

Apple Glazed Pork Roast

3 - 4 lb pork roast

4 - 6 apples, cored and quartered (I used Fuji because that's what Melody recommended)
1/2 cup apple juice
5 Tablespoons of brown sugar
2 Tablespoons of ground ginger
Salt & Pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS
1. Rub roast with desired amount of salt & pepper.
2. Place apple quarters in bottom of slow cooker, place roast on top.
3. Combine apple juice, brown sugar and ginger then spoon over top of roast, moistening well.
4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. (I had a 3 1/2 pound roast and it was falling off the bone tender after about 11 hours)

I followed Melody's suggestion and served it with green beans and red skinned potatoes. It made a wonderful supper.

For more Slow Cooking Thursday recipe's, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.



post signature

15 comments:

Mary said...

Mari,

This sounds delicious and it just happens that the grocery store near here has pork loin on sale this week. I'm going to give it a try and will let you know how we liked it. It's sounds easy as pie. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Mary

Susan said...

This sounds wonderful. I must try it.
Susan

Mindy said...

OK this literally made my tummy growl. Adding it to next week's menu plan right now!

Mike Golch said...

YUM!!

Kayren said...

Sounds very good. I'm going to have to try this in a week or two when my kids get off the 'no new recipes, mom' kick. This is different, yet plain enough, that I think it may go over very well.

Thanks for sharing it, because I didn't see it over on the other blog.

Cheri said...

I'm glad it turned out good for you- it sure smelled good when I was over!

Brooke said...

you always make me so hungry!!

i'm using my crockpot today, but just to cook beans. this is my first dried beans attempt.

Grace Acres said...

this sounds so yummy and oh so easy, I will try this next.

Renee said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.Have a great weekend.

Jen said...

I love apples and pork! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

this looks good Mari!! Your right I missed it the first time posted.

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! Sounds delish - but everything you post sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

You make me so mad with all your pork recipes. I love pork!!!! I just can't eat it. I hope it was wonderful and that you enjoyed it for me too.

Don't miss your sister's too much. I know I'm close by if you need a coffee night.

Unknown said...

I'm with Mike, yummy!!

Sandra said...

Sounds really good Mari!