Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

More vacation fun

On day two of our vacation, we started at the Castle Museum in Saginaw MI. It was built in 1898 and although it looks like a castle, it was built as a post office. It was a beautiful building.







This building was beautiful, inside and outside.






On the 3rd floor, was this little hall that had slits to look down to the floor below. The postmaster used these to make sure the workers were doing what they were expected to do.








Our next stop was a zoo in Saginaw.


We took a train ride...





made our way across a swinging bridge...




and enjoyed the animals.



I think that's enough for today. I'll continue the adventures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi dear Mari, that building is beautiful. I love the green 💚 spiral staircase. The exterior with the turrets make it look like a castle.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I enjoyed the photos of your train ride and animals.